PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tmacovec is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/26] WORKING HW3D!

Why is the browser causing my phone to reboot? I am leaning towards the use of autokiller, optimum setting, with the built in OC tool is uninstalled. Both reference and blzn have this issue. I have tried various clock freq, same reboot issue. I do realize the feat of make it run in first place, I wouldn't even have a clue where to start, good job guys
Old 09-28-2010, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/26] WORKING HW3D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linguini View Post
I'm using the latest Reference build with no overclocking and sleep state value at 1 in my startup. My battery life is atrocious. I'll be on a call and click the call ends because the battery just went dead, no warning. When phone is sleeping I see a slight screen glow and phone feels a little warm to the touch, so apparently something is still running when phone sleeps.

Any ideas? Thanks...
Right now the battery life isn't the best on Android, but as for the screen glow while your phone is sleeping, that's probably because you have auto back light enabled on Windows mobile. Before you boot into Android, go into the start menu, then click on settings, then system, then power, then backlight, and "uncheck" the check box that says "Automatically adjust backlight".

That should give you a little bit better battery life, but still the battery life is not very great right now. I would recommend downloading an app called "Juicedefender" from the market place. Then change the setting to disable the data connection every time the screen turns off. It seems to help the battery life a bit.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

linguini is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs01 View Post
Right now the battery life isn't the best on Android, but as for the screen glow while your phone is sleeping, that's probably because you have auto back light enabled on Windows mobile. Before you boot into Android, go into the start menu, then click on settings, then system, then power, then backlight, and "uncheck" the check box that says "Automatically adjust backlight".

That should give you a little bit better battery life, but still the battery life is not very great right now. I would recommend downloading an app called "Juicedefender" from the market place. Then change the setting to disable the data connection every time the screen turns off. It seems to help the battery life a bit.
Thank you sjs01, I really appreciate your response. I'll follow your advice and untick the auto adjust backlight ... that is exactly what's draining my battery right now.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

I joined the hunger strike too guys.

It was going so good, I thought for sure I was gonna get something accomplished, and then my GF came home with Wendy's....

Oh well, back to real work now.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
I joined the hunger strike too guys.

It was going so good, I thought for sure I was gonna get something accomplished, and then my GF came home with Wendy's....

Oh well, back to real work now.
Bwahahaa

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: At&t

sp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinebd View Post
Haha, thanks for the laugh. I needed one today.

Wa! I take offence! Im serious! Why everone so negativ5 towarfs me? Im flat out fyrious! lazy no good for nothin devs. Finish the frekin thing! Take the werk off from work and focus non stop for 24hours. I know, I know! I can just hear them babies crying ..."But sp4arta, what if I need to sleep?" here... Do this... Every 18 hours take a 5 minute power nap. Then get back to work. Nuff said. Get on it! god forbid, hunger strike is inminent! HOOORAHHH!

Last edited by GirlGoneGeek; 09-29-2010 at 12:14 AM. Reason: User double quoted :)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

New releases on the web page now.

Last edited by Reefermattness; 09-29-2010 at 12:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:15 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
Guys I broke Reference trying to stick Google Talk back into it. HAHA It wont be hard to fix, but Im not going to change the web page until I have them both working and uploaded. If you want BLAZN, its up, here are the download links, and I recommend a completely fresh install. I know this kills everything you have saved, but there are a LOT of backup programs, there is Titanium Backup for all your apps, and there is even SMS Backup app in the market. You wont regret it. Get all the old Android crap out of your SD card, format! Start fresh and clean.

Everyone try out the new startup application! Its very user friendly and it remembers your settings, it also makes sure that there is no more "default.txt" errors when PAC-Droid eats your startup.txt NOMNOMNOM

CAB - http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/...AZN.092810.cab

RAR - http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/...AZN.092810.rar
Sounds like the only person on hunger strike besides Spartan is PAC-DROID! rofl

So I guess 'we' really need to revolt and rise up more often? haha

Thanks for the update.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800, Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gary76usmc is a n00b

Thanks to kitts, natemcnutty, and centz!!!!!!!!!!

That did the trick....thanks for the help. I didn't even think to compare the startup files....lol

Last edited by gary76usmc; 09-29-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4rtan5 View Post
Wa! I take offence! Im serious! Why everone so negativ5 towarfs me? Im flat out fyrious! lazy no good for nothin devs. Finish the frekin thing! Take the werk off from work and focus non stop for 24hours. I know, I know! I can just hear them babies crying ..."But sp4arta, what if I need to sleep?" here... Do this... Every 18 hours take a 5 minute power nap. Then get back to work. Nuff said. Get on it! god forbid, hunger strike is inminent! HOOORAHHH!
ahh man you got it easy. I said the same thing you said on XDA and i got my head ripped apart.. damn xda

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps