View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 10:52 PM
sjs01
PPCGeeks Regular

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/26] WORKING HW3D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linguini View Post
I'm using the latest Reference build with no overclocking and sleep state value at 1 in my startup. My battery life is atrocious. I'll be on a call and click the call ends because the battery just went dead, no warning. When phone is sleeping I see a slight screen glow and phone feels a little warm to the touch, so apparently something is still running when phone sleeps.

Any ideas? Thanks...
Right now the battery life isn't the best on Android, but as for the screen glow while your phone is sleeping, that's probably because you have auto back light enabled on Windows mobile. Before you boot into Android, go into the start menu, then click on settings, then system, then power, then backlight, and "uncheck" the check box that says "Automatically adjust backlight".

That should give you a little bit better battery life, but still the battery life is not very great right now. I would recommend downloading an app called "Juicedefender" from the market place. Then change the setting to disable the data connection every time the screen turns off. It seems to help the battery life a bit.