PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just for fun. :)

This might not be for everyone...

It was about 4am last night when I came up with the idea, but I still think its a good one. Remember it is highly overclocked, I first off take no responsibility for any damages (although Ive been running this way for months, with no ill effects). This also means a bit more battery drain since it is only doing sleep-2 instead of sleep-1. I have also added the apk files for Auto Memory Manager (my replacement for Advanced Task Killer) and Clocksync.

Its Froyo 2.2 Beta v1, overclocked to 787Mhz. Glossy Black theme, w/ grey highlights instead of orange, and white progress bars. Themed and overclocked for your pleasure. Blazin fast.

DOWNLOAD CAB

DOWNLOAD RAR

This is what it looks like. (The taskbar only. This clock is part of "Beautiful Widgets").

Last edited by Reefermattness; 07-10-2010 at 07:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Just for fun. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post

It was about 4am last night when I came up with the idea, but I still think its a good one. Remember it is highly overclocked, I first off take no responsibility for any damages (although Ive been running this way for months, with no ill effects). This also means a bit more battery drain since it is only doing sleep-2 instead of sleep-1. I have also added the apk files for Auto Memory Manager (my replacement for Advanced Task Killer) and Clocksync.

Its Froyo 2.2 Beta v1, overclocked to 787Mhz. Glossy Black theme, w/ grey highlights instead of orange, and white progress bars. Themed and overclocked for your pleasure. Blazin fast.

DOWNLOAD CAB

DOWNLOAD RAR

This is what it looks like. (The taskbar only. This clock is part of "Beautiful Widgets").

Ooo... this looks awesome! one question: can we edit the startup file to back the overclock down so we don't drain battery so fast? Or have you noticed that it doesn't make much difference in battery life having it oc'ed from 650mhz vs 787? Also, how abysmal is the battery life compared to stock clocks? I really want to jump to the new froyo build, but I have a lot of stuff done to my latest 2.1 AOSP build that i don't want to lose. I know it has been asked, but is there a way to carry over my installed apps and sync'd accounts? :-/

Thanks for this! it looks amazing!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Re: Just for fun. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
Ooo... this looks awesome! one question: can we edit the startup file to back the overclock down so we don't drain battery so fast? Or have you noticed that it doesn't make much difference in battery life having it oc'ed from 650mhz vs 787? Also, how abysmal is the battery life compared to stock clocks? I really want to jump to the new froyo build, but I have a lot of stuff done to my latest 2.1 AOSP build that i don't want to lose. I know it has been asked, but is there a way to carry over my installed apps and sync'd accounts? :-/

Thanks for this! it looks amazing!

Yes you can even remove the overclock line from the startup.txt completely. Not too sure about the accounts/apps transfer, I personally dont know of any way, but that doesnt mean there isnt one. Your data.img file is where all of your personal settings are saved. I suppose if you dont end up in an endless boot loop (big if) then as long as you don't delete this file you should be able to keep your settings.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

Vaudou is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/01] FROYO BETA ADDED!

I tried searching so I wouldn't have to look so incompetent, but, will this work if I have a ROM already installed on my phone? Or will I have to have my phone stock (and locked?) to make this work? I'm a bit new to the whole PPC scene and this looks really interesting to me.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:22 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/01] FROYO BETA ADDED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaudou View Post
I tried searching so I wouldn't have to look so incompetent, but, will this work if I have a ROM already installed on my phone? Or will I have to have my phone stock (and locked?) to make this work? I'm a bit new to the whole PPC scene and this looks really interesting to me.
yes it will work....it runs from the sdcard....
Old 07-11-2010, 01:22 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaudou View Post
Its just like any other installable cab. Put it on your SD card, install it to your SD card, reboot. Its going to boot back into WinMo every time you reboot as this is the OS that is on NAND (internal storage), however now you will have a shortcut in your start menu called "Project Android". This will allow you to choose which handset you are using, choose cdma or not, select the apps you want it to install automatically, and update your handset (although at the moment the zimage update feature is currently broken, rootfs and initrd updates do still work). Your next step is to make sure that 3d is DISABLED (it currently does not work on the rhodium) click the "Run Android" softkey, and wait about 5 minutes for it to run haret and boot up.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mcgs999 is a n00b

Hi All!

I want to thank you all for this - this is excellent.

I take it you can overclock on any build (using Froyo) using a line in the start-up? Can someone provide that line?
Old 07-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mcgs999 is a n00b

Nevermind! Found it on the faq!

Thanks all.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: Just for fun. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post

DOWNLOAD CAB

DOWNLOAD RAR

Thanks a TON for this man... Very much appreciated.

I'm gonna try it out here shortly..

Quick question, how in the world can I get beautiful widgets?? I've searched and searched the market for this and can't find it LOL
Old 07-11-2010, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 whoo-hoo
Carrier: Sprint

B-Real206 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

To DM1975 Use google to find apps that are not on the market place. The files are apk. Sooooo....Type in what your looking for put apk behind it and now your a step closer.

Aaaaa I want sound that is all that is missing to become a daily user. Thanks for the hard work devs, you guys are awesome!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps