PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 08:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] Project Android Port and Startup Utility [04/23/10] 2.1 BUILDS AVAILABLE!

Everyone having issues, delete your data.img and try again. The 2.1 builds are very buggy, as you guys see. Also, if youre using the .rar you need to include both folders that are in there on the root of your SD card. Both Anboot folder and cache folder.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

youngnick09 is just getting started
Re: [CAB] Project Android Port and Startup Utility [04/23/10] 2.1 BUILDS AVAILABLE!

How long does it take to boot into Android the first time? I installed the no sense UI one and it was still loading for about 20 minutes. It was just a screen with a bunch of numbers after the calibration. Do I need to have a different thing of android already installed or something before I run the cab?
Old 04-25-2010, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Can't install Sense UI 2.1 cab. Goes right to unsuccessful.

Are you going to add rar versions for these 2.1 builds??
Old 04-25-2010, 08:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6875
Carrier: uscc

dude420420 is just getting started

Sense 2.1 cab worked first time starting up. Its slower than non sense but works. Also data worked immediately without having to make any changes. good job guys! sense to me is as good as sound or gps working
Old 04-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6875
Carrier: Verizon

njbreaker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
Everyone having issues, delete your data.img and try again. The 2.1 builds are very buggy, as you guys see. Also, if youre using the .rar you need to include both folders that are in there on the root of your SD card. Both Anboot folder and cache folder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballz View Post
for those stuck in the start up loop. (its a tease when the android robot peaks at you and it just blinks out and restarts the start up animation isnt it?)

after you first boot after it makes the data.img.

reset to winmo, delete data.img once again and let it boot haret once more. this time it should get past the start up animation.

If data isnt working go to wireless / add apn user verizon or sprint for name, select as default, and for apn use

internet.com

VZW Touch Pro 2 / Energy Rom / Android Flavor of the week, Sense UI build , 3g working on vzw

Its still a bit sluggish, but boy is she pretty with sense ui!
I deleted my data.img and restarted android and still stuck in that untracked pid XXXX exited loop. I have ProjectAndroid 2.1AOSP 042210.cab installed to SD.

Thanks for help.
2005 - MotoQ Black (Stock)
Old 04-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpriset View Post
Can't install Sense UI 2.1 cab. Goes right to unsuccessful.

Are you going to add rar versions for these 2.1 builds??
Same here... can't install sense 2.1 cab. unsuccessful.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

brady747 is a n00b

Deleting data.img also did not work for me (non-sense version). The older project android builds work fine though, so thanks for all the work...looking forward to getting 2.1 working
Old 04-25-2010, 03:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: RIM 9630/HTC Touch Pro2/HTC EVO 4G/Nexus S 4G

EvanTribley is becoming a great contributor

I have possibly found a temporary workaround for those of us getting the PID error on the non-Sense UI build.

Like me, I imagine most of us have downloaded the .cab file. Go ahead and DL and install the .cab file and if you get hung on errors try this:

Download the .rar file, expand it, and replace andboot and cache on your SD card with the ones you just expanded.

Run Project Android like normal and presto, Android! It worked for me, I hope it helps for others.

**Any views or opinions presented in these posts are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Sprint. Sprint will not accept any liability in respect to any communication from these posts.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanTribley View Post
I have possibly found a temporary workaround for those of us getting the PID error on the non-Sense UI build.

Like me, I imagine most of us have downloaded the .cab file. Go ahead and DL and install the .cab file and if you get hung on errors try this:

Download the .rar file, expand it, and replace andboot and cache on your SD card with the ones you just expanded.

Run Project Android like normal and presto, Android! It worked for me, I hope it helps for others.
That worked, thanks!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliseexige View Post
I just put it on my TP2 and I got it to load fine, but after about 1 minute it just resets and goes back to WinMo. very frustrating. What am I doing wrong here? (it resets after a minute or less of running android). I keep trying to sign in to my google account and it won't get there before doing a soft-reset.
I lied, it boots Android now but the above is the behavior I get now.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps