PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 12:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/01] FROYO BETA ADDED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantone View Post
I'm enjoying the overclocked foyer 2.2. I only wish that google maps would show the map. GPS comes on but the map is blank.

Youre using satellite view, and the reason it has a blank image is because you are out off the coast of africa somewhere!! Switch back to regular view, or zoom out about 15-20 times and you will see whats going on. If you get a lock in WinMo first, or make it so your screen doesnt shut off for 10 minutes or so you will eventually get a fix for your real location, and not for the party us XDA users are having with google buzz out in the ocean.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/01] FROYO BETA ADDED!

whooooooooooooo this is awesome now i know why there so much talk about android. super fast and i still have win mo on the side! annnd i have more bars when in a basement then i did on windows mobile wow! but i still havent got my data working on sprint but wifi works! and the marketplace on android blows windows out of the water! litterally.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Thought I'd add in my 2 cents

Finally tried it out and its working great. text a few people, downloaded email and twitter all worked fine. battery meter was visibly jumpy but i wasnt worried about it dying since i had just charged it before, but it was definitely bouncing up and down. the battery ran very warm, i tried disabling a lot of the apps i had because i didnt realize almost everything is set to auto refresh every few minutes so hopefully the next time i try it out it will be cooler, but i had to switch back to WinMo for a while so my hand could cool down/:

basically this works fine for me, the only other thing i would like to see is a working camera application, i mostly use my phone for sms, internet, and twitter, so bluetooth and things of the sort dont affect me. Also an accurate battery meter would be nice but i'm pretty used to my phone that i can guess when its going to die before hand. Sometimes i couldnt get the on screen keyboard to pop up and i really tried not to open the hard keyboard as much since the G-Sensor seemed buggy

Main reason i switched was due to the realization that i could run Android 2.1 with Sense, i always saw people running 1.6 and really am not attracted to that build. this sense build is beautiful though, may try out 2.2 next.

Overall i give it a 7.5-8.0 rating. if battery and camera were working i would give it a solid 9, the bugginess i can deal with. But that's just me.

Again thanks for all your work to the developers. Trying out things like this makes me really appreciate my phone and the online communities
Old 07-12-2010, 01:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post

Main reason i switched was due to the realization that i could run Android 2.1 with Sense, i always saw people running 1.6 and really am not attracted to that build. this sense build is beautiful though, may try out 2.2 next.

Overall i give it a 7.5-8.0 rating. if battery and camera were working i would give it a solid 9, the bugginess i can deal with. But that's just me.

Again thanks for all your work to the developers. Trying out things like this makes me really appreciate my phone and the online communities

Wait until you try 2.2, you wont care about sense anymore. LOL

Sense is my least favorite, and the most buggy of all the builds. I personally give it around a 4-5 rating, and consider it more of a novelty build, than a day to day user. I guess Ive been using sense back when it was called Manilla3d, so its nothing new to me, but it almost takes away from Android, and REALLY slows it down. Almost makes you feel back like you are running laggy WM again. Just an example, Sense build when in normal use has about 40mb free ram. Use ATK to "Kill all tasks" in the Sense build and you are lucky if you have around 60mb free ram. Do the same with 2.1 or 2.2 w/o SenseUI, youre at about 70-80mb free ram during use and after ATK you have close to 100-110mb free.

Last edited by Reefermattness; 07-12-2010 at 01:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

is anybody else getting massive battery drain from reefermatts froyo cab version? I removed the overclock and put the sleep mode to 1 instead of 2, an put the line about the proximity sensor (Enable Proximity Sensor - board-htcrhodium-proximity.on=1 Enable Wake on Proximity Sensor - board-htcrhodium-proximity.wake=1) could these be the issue? I am barely getting 6 hours with minimal usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 07-12-2010, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; AOSP on XDANDROID MSM Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I couldn't get it to boot. Maybe 767MHz is too much for my Rhodium.

Same here. I lowered it to 650000 and it booted no problem.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster

787000 is as high as I always go, its 767 MHz
Old 07-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
is anybody else getting massive battery drain from reefermatts froyo cab version?
Yes, but it runs so well I just plug it in.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

urbanmartyr is a n00b

Weird scenario-

This is my first time trying android on my sprint CDMA TP2. I just installed the latest build [Froyo]. Currently I'm in Singapore for the summer and I am using a GSM SIM card on a local singapore carrier (SingTel).

I can boot into android but can't get any connectivity from the phone network or from Wifi (even though I have WAP at home). I tried the force cdma option and without it.

Does anyone have advice as to how to get this cab to work correctly if you're on a CDMA TP2, but using a GSM SIM card?

I checked the threads a couple of times, but am unclear as to what to do. Thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpriset View Post
Same here. I lowered it to 650000 and it booted no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
I couldn't get it to boot. Maybe 767MHz is too much for my Rhodium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragster View Post
787000 is as high as I always go, its 767 MHz
I've been able to boot at 824 MHz with no problems

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps