PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/16] NEW FROYO BUILD V3

absolutely incredible guys, once sound and battery are fully working I will be donating

thanks a lot
Old 07-16-2010, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Ryum is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/16] NEW FROYO BUILD V3

k if I extract the whole .rar to the sd card or just move the whole [MJG]Rhod.2.2Blazin.XxXxXx directory onto the sd card after i soft reset and browse to the folder. When I open the folder it is blank
If I just put the andboot folder the same thing happens the folder is empty

If I just move the content onto the sd card then soft reset the folder has the contents including the haret.exe and the MJGDroidUtil.exe is on the SDcard but both give the same error msg.

If you are using the .rar do you need to get the startup utility seperately and install it beforehand?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryum View Post
k if I extract the whole .rar to the sd card or just move the whole [MJG]Rhod.2.2Blazin.XxXxXx directory onto the sd card after i soft reset and browse to the folder. When I open the folder it is blank
If I just put the andboot folder the same thing happens the folder is empty

If I just move the content onto the sd card then soft reset the folder has the contents including the haret.exe and the MJGDroidUtil.exe is on the SDcard but both give the same error msg.

If you are using the .rar do you need to get the startup utility seperately and install it beforehand?
rar files are like a zip. you need winrar, pocketrar or maybe 7zip in order to extract the files.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 whoo-hoo

B-Real206 is a n00b

Is the upgrade option working again? I've been on the froyo package that came out on the 4th? Do I need to wipe and download the new cab?
Old 07-16-2010, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Ryum is a n00b

I did extract them, is there somewhere specific on the sd card the folder should go?

edit: oddly enough when I just put the files back on the sd card and did not soft reset I was able to run the haret.exe but could not get past defualt.txt or whatever that was saying

Last edited by Ryum; 07-16-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

what is the cleanest way to keep/backup your settings when upgrading to newer builds? I'm interested to hear what others are doing?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 07-16-2010, 06:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryum View Post
I did extract them, is there somewhere specific on the sd card the folder should go?

edit: oddly enough when I just put the files back on the sd card and did not soft reset I was able to run the haret.exe but could not get past defualt.txt or whatever that was saying
Means you need a startup.txt file in your andboot folder. If you have one, then its probably corrupt, and needs to be replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Real206 View Post
Is the upgrade option working again? I've been on the froyo package that came out on the 4th? Do I need to wipe and download the new cab?
Yes, there have been many system updates since then, and the update utility does not update your system image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
what is the cleanest way to keep/backup your settings when upgrading to newer builds? I'm interested to hear what others are doing?
I just started using Titanium Backup. So far its pretty amazing.

Last edited by Reefermattness; 07-17-2010 at 01:08 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Thanks Matt for keeping this community up to date!
Old 07-17-2010, 03:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

1) my 4 front facing buttons ALWAYS are lit up and don't turn off
2) the backlight to the keyboard never comes on
3) when I do the "update" and it boots, the lock screen comes up and it reboots. over and over so I have to re-install the .cab file.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
1) my 4 front facing buttons ALWAYS are lit up and don't turn off
2) the backlight to the keyboard never comes on
3) when I do the "update" and it boots, the lock screen comes up and it reboots. over and over so I have to re-install the .cab file.
1. I'm guessing that when you boot up android you pressed one of those keys and the buttons are lit up. If so, they will stay lit while android is on. What you have to do is make sure that those buttons are not lit when you start android.
2. The Keyboard backlight won't go on in android unless you have it on in Windows Mobile, so if you slide the keyboard and the keyboard light is on then it will stay on in android, but that is also a problem because it will stay lit the WHOLE time even when the keyboard is hidden.
3. I'm not exactly sure what is going on with this, I believe there is a problem with one of the update options. I think it is the "rootfs.img" but I'm not exactly sure.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps