PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Ryum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/16] NEW FROYO BUILD V3

Anyone here have a link to a youtube tutorial on how to install this?

I have tried the cab, and rar and both several different times and I can not get either to work at all on my tp2, I did try gen Y dual boot just to see and that does work.

Just not sure what the issue is here.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/16] NEW FROYO BUILD V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsOnLine View Post
I had this Problem too. I had to delete everything on my SD card (including my data.img file) and reinstall Blazn. That fixed Market Place for me.
how do you do that without losing all the apps/text/call log/account set up?
Old 07-17-2010, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

RobsOnLine is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
how do you do that without losing all the apps/text/call log/account set up?
I saw a post a couple of pages back that mentioned a tool that would back up settings. However, since I did not have much loaded, I just started over. Not the best Solution, but it worked for me,
Old 07-17-2010, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ryum is a n00b

on a whim I decided to format the SD card which at the time only had 2 videos... and then re-dled the cab and now it is installing. Will post back if it all works when it's done
Old 07-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxp View Post
First off, thanks all for this great product. I finally give it a try and it blow me away. Can't believe how good it is.

Here is my question hope someone can answer it.

1) I use this android on Sprint phone, I read couple thread that you have to remove the SIM card to get signal to work. Is this require? Because I install and run the latest release and my signal and 3G working fine w/o any problem.

2) Is USB tether working on this build? I plug in the usb to my computer but the phone doesn't seems to see it. Whenever try to turn on the USB tether, it said "USB not connected".

3) Ater I charge the phone, and unplug it, the LED turn orange and stay orange for as long as I run android (overnight). Is it only my phone doing this?

4) Is there to make the incall volume to be louder? It seems like the incall volume control has no effect. No matter what the incall volume meter said, it's still a constant volume.

Thanks all.
1. No its not really necessary if yours is running ok, mine did at first but I booted android one day and it all of a sudden couldnt get service so I removed the sim and rebooted and it was fine

2. Im not sure, but most likely its just not working yet but I'll try and get back to you

3. Everyones phone does this for now, dont worry you arent the only one, and dont be surprised if it turns from green to red and vice versa, its normal

4. I have not been able to find a way to do this either, looks like its stuck at that volume for now
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:25 PM
N00b

captobie is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxp View Post
1) I use this android on Sprint phone, I read couple thread that you have to remove the SIM card to get signal to work. Is this require? Because I install and run the latest release and my signal and 3G working fine w/o any problem.
Definitely not required, and if it works for you that's great. What I found is that with the SIM card in sometimes the phone worked and sometimes it didn't. Without the card the phone always works. So it was easier for me just to keep it out.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

myxheroxfell is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to myxheroxfell

so I'm having an issue, I'm not getting any service. I've tried all the little tricks, I've cleared my sd card, started with open phone service, and didn't have the sim card in..... am I missing something? I've never had this happen before. I'm with sprint.
Thanks in advance
Old 07-17-2010, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ryum is a n00b

Everything seems to be working so far, but I am new to droid so still figuring stuff out
Old 07-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

only issue I'm really having is my phone wont vibrate when I receive a new text message. The phone vibrates on incoming calls but not for texts

am I missing a setting or soemthing?
Old 07-17-2010, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeiux1 View Post
only issue I'm really having is my phone wont vibrate when I receive a new text message. The phone vibrates on incoming calls but not for texts

am I missing a setting or soemthing?
Yeah itt sounds like you're missing somethinng go into the messaging app, then click the windows key then click settings aaand. go to the bottom and find the vvibrate option and cllick something like always vibbrate

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps