PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/21] Fresh Froyo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomango View Post
Got the Froyo Blazn build up and running on the initial boot up. Love it, it's so much faster and more responsive than WinMo.

Having an issue though, and still looking for an answer in this thread, but maybe someone can help me. After rebooting back to Windows, I went to open ProjectAndroid again, but it doesn't seem like it wanted to run the haret.exe process. Here are some screenshots, anyone know what this is? Nothing seems to work from here

The 3rd screenshot is after clicking on 'run'
It is a current bug. What has happened is your startup.txt file has been corrupt, and if you look at its properties, its at 0Kb file size. What you need to do for a temp fix is get a copy of your statup.txt (or make one) and put it into your andboot folder, this time name it "default.txt" as you see that is the file it is asking for. The bug will only destroy startup.txt, and not default.txt, so then when that screen comes up and you click "run" it will not ask you for default.txt, it will just boot into Haret.

ALSO!!! I see in that screenshot you have Hardware 3D checked. THIS IS WRONG. HW3D for Rhodium currently does not work, by enabling it you are actually making things worse.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
It is a current bug. What has happened is your startup.txt file has been corrupt, and if you look at its properties, its at 0Kb file size. What you need to do for a temp fix is get a copy of your statup.txt (or make one) and put it into your andboot folder, this time name it "default.txt" as you see that is the file it is asking for. The bug will only destroy startup.txt, and not default.txt, so then when that screen comes up and you click "run" it will not ask you for default.txt, it will just boot into Haret.

ALSO!!! I see in that screenshot you have Hardware 3D checked. THIS IS WRONG. HW3D for Rhodium currently does not work, by enabling it you are actually making things worse.
im just curious, what exactly does it to to make it worse? i leave checked all the time, i havent had any problems with it ever? i suppose ill try it without and see what happens but yeah jus curious on ur experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 07-23-2010, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: VZN

tyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Got the Froyo Blazn build up and running on the initial boot up. Love it, it's so much faster and more responsive than WinMo.

Having an issue though, and still looking for an answer in this thread, but maybe someone can help me. After rebooting back to Windows, I went to open ProjectAndroid again, but it doesn't seem like it wanted to run the haret.exe process. Here are some screenshots, anyone know what this is? Nothing seems to work from here

The 3rd screenshot is after clicking on 'run'
ur startup.txt is screwed... you will need to replace it... i guess that some times using the MJGDroidUtil.exe will screw it up... either keep a copy of it handy or just boot using the Haret.exe file and that should keep it from going bonkers
Old 07-23-2010, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
im just curious, what exactly does it to to make it worse? i leave checked all the time, i havent had any problems with it ever? i suppose ill try it without and see what happens but yeah jus curious on ur experience
Well there are some apps/games even the boot animation that will choose between hw3d and 2d rendering, depending on what is available. If you enable 3d, then the phone thinks its working, and tries to use it by default, causing just a blank black screen. If you do not have it enabled then the register as 2d, and matches its rendering for apps.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: VZN

tyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

lmao never thought of just renaming it default.txt again some times the simple solution is the best!!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Thanks for you guy's help so far..

But I tried a few different things and end up with similar results.

Made a new startup.txt and put it in the andboot folder, renamed default.txt since that it was it was asking for.

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz

set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=2 rel_path=andboot hw3d.force=0 htc_battery_smem.fake=0 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=777000 physkeyboard=rhod210"

Boot

^this is correct, right?

Didn't work for me, so I wiped the card and reinstalled the cab file. Copied the startup.txt before I ran the ProjectAndroid cab. Soft reset the phone and did the first boot; as usual it came up I got service and everything. Reset the phone, went to run Android again but got the same errors.

From there I copied the startup.txt that I copied before the initial boot in place of the corrupt one and now getting the error screen stating 'An unexpected error occured in MJGDroidUtil.exe.

Did I do something wrong here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyty1978 View Post
ur startup.txt is screwed... you will need to replace it... i guess that some times using the MJGDroidUtil.exe will screw it up... either keep a copy of it handy or just boot using the Haret.exe file and that should keep it from going bonkers
Do you mean just go to file explorer and opening the haret file?
Old 07-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Thanks for your help guys, messed with it a bit and got it figured out.

Guess I will just have to copy a fresh startup.txt file into the andboot folder everytime I want to boot Android, but it's worth it.

I love the build and appreciate all the work that's gone in it. Thanks to everyone who made this possible, I love my phone now more than the day I got it. It can only get better from here

Last edited by matchstickredgti; 07-23-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Well there are some apps/games even the boot animation that will choose between hw3d and 2d rendering, depending on what is available. If you enable 3d, then the phone thinks its working, and tries to use it by default, causing just a blank black screen. If you do not have it enabled then the register as 2d, and matches its rendering for apps.

hmm ive actually never had this black screen happen to me, cept when its loading ( thats when the aimations r supposed to fly around i think). ill see what happens without
Old 07-24-2010, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks for your help guys, messed with it a bit and got it figured out.

Guess I will just have to copy a fresh startup.txt file into the andboot folder everytime I want to boot Android, but it's worth it.

I love the build and appreciate all the work that's gone in it. Thanks to everyone who made this possible, I love my phone now more than the day I got it. It can only get better from here

You gotta read man, thats what this forum is all about. If you had, you would notice SIX POSTS ABOVE YOURS IS EXACTLY HOW TO FIX THAT ISSUE.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc 6850
Carrier: Sprint/MetroPCS

arvinghost is a n00b

Hey guys i installed the cab and the android loaded fine accept I CAN"T MAKE CALLS

it says to turn off airplane mode and i keep turnning off but its not working.

i tried to reset couple times but didn't work. PLEASE HELP

by the way i have a sprint Htc touch pro 2 and i am using it with sprint network.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps