PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnuts5423 View Post
If you change the startup text to be a read only file, your startup text will not happen anymore. i was having the same issue till i di that. no more startup text issues

Also if they looked only a couple pages back they would find another fix as well. Hard to know what script "it tells you to run" without more details about exactly what is going on, but if i had to guess, it tells you its looking for "default.txt"? Do a thread search for default.txt and you could also find your answer that way.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bondosho is a n00b

I just pick what device I have, and since I'm on Sprint, I click "Force CDMA". No issues. This build seems much quicker than the last.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:29 AM
RSD
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

RSD is just getting started

I loaded the one with sound and except for noise on the speaker everything worked almost fine. The exchange account works for email and contacts but I can't get any calendar to sync no matter what.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

and if bluetooth starts working then I will start using this full time. As, as soon as I get the calendar to sync I will use the android os more often except while driving or while on conference call as I need to use the bluetooth for those.

- Ofcourse hopefully soon after that we will have camera working

..Ramesh
i-nigma reader,facebook,spriteback,PHM regedit,
Total Commander,Trapster,Advanced config,Ferrari GT Evolution, etc.,
Old 08-31-2010, 12:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

NosajRednaxela is a n00b

Great work! I used to be able to keep the screen alive (Stay Awake option checked under Applications->Development) but the last couple of builds haven't allowed it to work. Any ideas as to why it won't stay awake while charging? Can't wait for BT!! Yay for sound!!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This build is working great; I can live without camera and MMS because of how fresh, innovative, and intuitive android feels on the aging WM on the TP2. I apologize in advance if some of these question have been addressed but I did read the faq and scrolled several pages back but I couldn't find an answer so far that have helped with some things. Some of these issues may be unresolved bugs that may have not been listed. Can someone point me in the right direction on a few things if there is a working solution? TIA

1. How do I set notification sound to a ringer?

2. Is there a way to enable the SD through settings? I get an SD card error with several programs that rely on the media in the storage card because of it. Is there way to retain setting a media file as a ringtone if there is not a way to enable the SD card? I have been able to set my call ringer to a media file after using the media scanner in dev tools; the problem is after I switch to winmo or update android I have to refind media and then set the ringer again. Also after running media scanner on the home page with the widget it still says 'No SD card' even though when I click this button it takes me to the music files on the storage card that media scanner found.

3. I'm new to adroid and the video tutorial does not work in this download; is there a way to get notification icons on the home page as a widget that updates a numerical value when a new call, sms, email, voicemail arrive? All I seem to see is a notification in the task bar.

4. Is there something I'm doing wrong when it comes to syncing facebook with contacts. Everytime I hit the facebook button under the sync settings is doesn't initiate anything.

5. Weather widget locking into location not working

Last edited by ryanmv213; 08-31-2010 at 02:18 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pearl
Carrier: sprint

treadgently is a n00b
use verizon tp2 with android on sprint?

newbie question here- is it possible to flash a verizon-branded tp2 with android and then use it on sprint?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

I can't wait till BT and the Camera are Fixed!!! This would be amazing on my Rhodium! Anyone know if this is gonna be possible? Im so anxious!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

freakin amazing stuff keep up the great work
Old 08-31-2010, 07:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

twobeaglesjtj is just getting started

I still am having a problem with loud in call volume and it also goes from speaker to earpiece sound intermittently....I tried to change the cmd line in the startup folder to 3 but no go....Maybe I did it wrong..any suggestions??? The volume is way to loud to use............
Old 08-31-2010, 09:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Tynan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
2. Is there a way to enable the SD through settings? I get an SD card error with several programs that rely on the media in the storage card because of it. Is there way to retain setting a media file as a ringtone if there is not a way to enable the SD card? I have been able to set my call ringer to a media file after using the media scanner in dev tools; the problem is after I switch to winmo or update android I have to refind media and then set the ringer again. Also after running media scanner on the home page with the widget it still says 'No SD card' even though when I click this button it takes me to the music files on the storage card that media scanner found.
This is the #1 impediment to me using this full time as well. Thanks for all the amazing work!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps