PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 03:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/16] NEW FROYO BUILD V3

It might be soon guys. Ive got a recent made friend who owns a wireless isp company, and is having a few of his main linux programmers including himself debug the situation. The last report I received from him is that they set up one of their linux boxes specific for this job, and ran a trace on the handset. They did find the areas for sound, phone volume control, and keyboard backlight to be fixed, now he is going to just have to debug.
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/16] NEW FROYO BUILD V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
It might be soon guys. Ive got a recent made friend who owns a wireless isp company, and is having a few of his main linux programmers including himself debug the situation. The last report I received from him is that they set up one of their linux boxes specific for this job, and ran a trace on the handset. They did find the areas for sound, phone volume control, and keyboard backlight to be fixed, now he is going to just have to debug.
That's great news Matt!

Thank you and I hope that it turns into reality.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Old 07-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
O.M.G [-o<[-o<[-o<

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 07-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Can you ask them to look into camera functionality as well... naturally within their own time-frames and such? This is an awesome development!!
Old 07-18-2010, 03:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Can you ask them to look into camera functionality as well... naturally within their own time-frames and such? This is an awesome development!!

I think a couple of the XDA devs have been working pretty hard on this recently. We will see, only time will tell.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

cody_cummins is just getting started
Talking Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/16] NEW FROYO BUILD V3

I absolutely can't wait!!! Ive ran android a tiny bit and am in love with it! Thanks for working so hard on this!!

HTC Touch Pro 2 on Boost Mobile
Old 07-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I think a couple of the XDA devs have been working pretty hard on this recently. We will see, only time will tell.
Seriously, not to complain or sound snarky... but...

(Sorry, had to) THIS IS AWESOME !! hhahahaahha.. thanks a TON man for your networking and friend making.. Tell your friend that we sincerely appreciate this as well.. Very cool stuff..

Hopefully this will help turn this port into a 'more complete' reality.. I'm lovin' all of the devotion to this project. (My wife is enjoying it since it would keep me from dropping big $$ on an EVO lmfao)..

Thanks again man.. sincerely
Old 07-18-2010, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work

Is the TV Out function a possibility with Android and the TP2? Is there an app to make it happen or is it more a function of the hardware within the TP2?

Thanks much for all the hard work. I thought I'd never be and Android convert, but you guys have proved me wrong!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Awesome to hear about the linux guys joining the team with some dedication, I would love to see this project go vogue level against all odds.

A question: So all i have to do to upgrade to the newest froyo build from the beta is run the auto update from the MJGDroidUtility?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps