PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/16] NEW FROYO BUILD V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
Awesome to hear about the linux guys joining the team with some dedication, I would love to see this project go vogue level against all odds.

A question: So all i have to do to upgrade to the newest froyo build from the beta is run the auto update from the MJGDroidUtility?
Auto update has worked for some, but I had no luck with it. It's possible that my issue had more to do with needing to lower the Overclock to 750000...

Give it a try and let us know how it goes for you.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 07-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/16] NEW FROYO BUILD V3

Ok, I'm not a TOTAL noob, I've read all the stickies and some of the more technical stuff but I'm MUCH more familiar with the WM side of things...how can I confirm I've been upgraded? I didn't take note of my build number or anything before running the auto update.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

cody_cummins is just getting started

I tried the update utility in the regular unoverclocked version of froyo and after I update, i launch android, it gets to the unlock screen and freezes and reboots, dunno whats going on

HTC Touch Pro 2 on Boost Mobile
Old 07-18-2010, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2, x50v

stcardinal is a n00b

I'll be the kill joy here and say "pipedreams." Never gonna happen. His "friend" will lose interest after a day and then drop the project. Sound development, back to square one.

>:P
Old 07-18-2010, 10:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
Awesome to hear about the linux guys joining the team with some dedication, I would love to see this project go vogue level against all odds.

A question: So all i have to do to upgrade to the newest froyo build from the beta is run the auto update from the MJGDroidUtility?
No, but we will actually try to incorporate a system update tool on the next big update to the startup utility. The system.ext2 is the only real major file you need to replace in order to upgrade your OS version, so you can download a rar and just replace it in the andboot folder on your sd card. Usually also requires a delete of the data.img.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/18] FROYO RC1 w/ APN.x

Yo Reefer-

I just noticed you added an RC1 Froyo to your download page...is this the same as what you posted a few days ago or does this include more tweaks?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:24 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/18] FROYO RC1 w/ APN.x

I noticed the same thing but the cab or rar file still says 16...Are you uploading tonight?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
Yo Reefer-

I just noticed you added an RC1 Froyo to your download page...is this the same as what you posted a few days ago or does this include more tweaks?
You probably have the same one, I just didn't know it was actually called RC1, I thought it was beta build 3. :P It actually does have a couple things tweaked, and I added a custom XDAndroid boot animation to the BLAZN version today but if you have the version from when i changed the download page and added the 2 diff versions then you have almost the exact same 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
I noticed the same thing but the cab or rar file still says 16...Are you uploading tonight?
I didnt change the date because i didnt want to have to change the download links, but i did actually make changes today. You guys watch me like a hawk. :P

That google page is really easy but the links for downloads they have are a bit weird and a pain to set up, ill probably change that up here pretty soon too its a little annoying and i dont like that it says "view".
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:29 AM
Test one, test two.

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
You probably have the same one, I just didn't know it was actually called RC1, I thought it was beta build 3. :P It actually does have a couple things tweaked, and I added a custom XDAndroid boot animation to the BLAZN version today but if you have the version from when i changed the download page and added the 2 diff versions then you have almost the exact same 1.

I didnt change the date because i didnt want to have to change the download links, but i did actually make changes today. You guys watch me like a hawk. :P

That google page is really easy but the links for downloads they have are a bit weird and a pain to set up, ill probably change that up here pretty soon too its a little annoying and i dont like that it says "view".
We keep an eye on you...did you noticed the camera mounted on your ceiling?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:31 AM
Test one, test two.

If I use the update tool, do I get the changes that you just mentioned or should I just start from scratch?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps