PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/18] FROYO RC1 w/ APN.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
hey reefer: do u rmbr what u did in the first blazin build that got rid of the notification light being on all the time? It annoys me to no end. The new blazn version has the leds enabled though. I've tried led effects but it doesnt seem to do anything
I would like to know this too. I would rather not know whether my phone is asleep or not than drain the battery and kill my notification light by having it on 24/7. The phone sleeps properly for the most part anyway under Android. Just disable it already lol
Old 07-19-2010, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/18] FROYO RC1 w/ APN.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
I would like to know this too. I would rather not know whether my phone is asleep or not than drain the battery and kill my notification light by having it on 24/7. The phone sleeps properly for the most part anyway under Android. Just disable it already lol

Using LED effects you can get it to turn off by messing with the settings a bit. Just for those worried about their LED burning out(not to mention the insignificant power a LED bulb uses) the low end LED bulb has about 50,000 hours of use before it will burn out, that would mean you would have to leave your handset LED on for 2083 days straight before it did. Of course there is always that one random instance when it goes out early, so i do understand. I would rather have LED notifications personally.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

RonaldReagan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdashiznit View Post
Hi Everyone, i was looking through the FAQ and this forum but i was not able to find a solution to this issue i have been having!

I have a Sprint TP2 with MightyRom installed and the newest FROYO RC1 installed. What i have seen consistently is that the first time i load and run Android it works fine. I get data and phone both working the first time. However after i power down Android to load WM back up then try to load Android again, i get neither data or phone working!

Here are things i have tried to fix this issue:
1. make sure "force cmda" is checked and also checked the startup file to see if it was set to 1.
2. set my phones WM settings to CDMA only, not "international"
3. tried restarting/reinstalling Android several times, but always the first time works but the next sessions will not work.

Any help would be great!

Thanks
Did you take the sim card out of your phone?... I had no service until I did that. Now it works great in Andriod.....
Old 07-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldReagan View Post
Did you take the sim card out of your phone?... I had no service until I did that. Now it works great in Andriod.....
I had the same issue and that same solution. works sometimes. not others.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Ryum is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
Using LED effects you can get it to turn off by messing with the settings a bit. Just for those worried about their LED burning out(not to mention the insignificant power a LED bulb uses) the low end LED bulb has about 50,000 hours of use before it will burn out, that would mean you would have to leave your handset LED on for 2083 days straight before it did. Of course there is always that one random instance when it goes out early, so i do understand. I would rather have LED notifications personally.
I like the LED notification, but my light just stays on since I installed the latest build. How do you have your's set so that it just comes on when you have a notification like missed call, or unread text?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: voque
Carrier: metropcs

filledtwinkie is a n00b

ok...

so is mms working or not?

its not under the not working section, so im confused.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Amelios is a n00b

Is there some trick to getting GPS fully working in the latest builds? It was previously working just fine for me in the 2.1 builds. When I updated to the latest Froyo build, Google Maps always placed me just off the coast Africa. I remember this sort of behavior from earlier 2.1 builds, but it started working properly at some time. Froyo seems to have taken me a step backwards, unless I'm missing something obvious.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

cali_rail is a n00b

I can't get Wi Fi to connect but I read somewhere that there were issues with wep connections still. Other than that it's great!
Old 07-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

cali_rail is a n00b

I take that back.... I can't add facebook to the manage accounts. it gives me the option but it doesn't do it when i click on it to add.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work

i need the blazin start up text, i keep getting a error so i think its corrupt, thanks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps