PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: sprint

domoarigato is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/26] SOUND IS FIXED!

how do you install apks? i think i found the senseUI for android
Old 08-28-2010, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,Touch,TP2,Hero,Pre,Evo,Evo Shift,Evo 3d
Carrier: Sprint

undarated is keeping up the good workundarated is keeping up the good work
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/26] SOUND IS FIXED!

first report i have heard about it not being there. I would start in the security options and see if its anything there.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,Touch,TP2,Hero,Pre,Evo,Evo Shift,Evo 3d

undarated is keeping up the good workundarated is keeping up the good work

to install apks i boot back into winmo and go to the andboot folder on the sd. you should see a folder there named android apps.

after you drag and drop your apks in the folder, boot back into android and use you file manager to go to android apps folder and you can install from there.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoarigato View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by undarated View Post
to install apks i boot back into winmo and go to the andboot folder on the sd. you should see a folder there named android apps.

after you drag and drop your apks in the folder, boot back into android and use you file manager to go to android apps folder and you can install from there.
Or just download a file explorer from the marketplace like astro file explorer and navigate to the apk and install
Old 08-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Or just download a file explorer from the marketplace like astro file explorer and navigate to the apk and install
Yup, that's how I do it. Be sure to enable out of marketplace installs under Settings => Applications.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxl180 View Post
What is the difference between

htc_battery_fake=1

and

htc_battery_smem.fake=0

Which one should I used? my old one 2.1 use the 1st one, the lastest uses the second 1

from http://sites.google.com/site/androidport/faq....

Why do I keep getting a "Low Battery" warning?
Read above about the battery meter: Turn off Low Battery Warning cmdline - "htc_battery_smem.fake=1"
Old 08-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

wadewells is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikr View Post
This is awesome...great work everyone!

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to connect to a corporate Exchange server with the latest builds. I've tried all permutations of domain/user name and certificate options and I always get:
Setup could not finish: Unable to open connection to server.
Corporate exchange did work for me no issues.

Some have mentioned the issue with no ringtones showing up in the settings/sound menu. I have this issue. Silent is the only option it shows. After reading the thread I found that running media scanner from dev tools made the music app recognize the files I put on the card (originally all it did was say no SD present). Then per another request I played the song and selected "set as ringtone" from the menu. So now Big and Rich let me know when its time to answer the phone....

But its still an issue. The phone ringtone in the menu only has silent but now its not selected - there is nothing selected. Notification ringtone still only shows silent - so I have little control over things....

Is there a fix? any ideas? Thanks
Old 08-28-2010, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoarigato View Post
It most likely wont work and will screw up your phone

SenseUI takes a crap load of memory and VM Heap, it takes a lot of processing power also and if JIT is enabled, it'll just screw up your phone

Plus SenseUI is hardware coded, so unless this FroYo version is from a source that has sense in it, it prolly won't work

Especially in the state the TP2 is in now, I wouldn't want to have Sense on it, it's going to make it insanely slow

Not to mention, I don't think there is an apk for SenseUI lol unless its tied to a device, and if it was, it should be a .zip
Old 08-28-2010, 02:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Krusty_47 is a n00b

So I started with android on the 8\6 build and it was good. I just installed the new version that has sound...First off I want to say thank you so much Devs. I've been waiting for this since I got this phone a year ago. It is fantastic! It runs so much better than windows mobile which is awesome. So far everything I've tried has worked great. Very happy.

I do have a question though. Since sound is now working(I know there are some more things to get resolved on there), what is the next major function you will be taking a look at. I know Bluetooth, camera, and Hardware acceleration are still not working properly. Which on is higher on the devs list of things to do?
Or is it just work on everything a little bit making small improvements on everything?
25% employer discount(Don't work there anymore and still have it)
Old 08-28-2010, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

Is there any way to get a Build that has everything that BLAZN has except for LauncherPro? I have tried both builds and want the speed, no bloatware, and notification bar like BLAZN, but no LauncherPro only the stock Home.

If it complicates things too much or if its too hard to remover just that then forget about it, but if its simple, I would much rather have that or maybe if I can be told how to do it I could try to give it a shot myself.

Thanks guys, great work out there. Im like a little kid with his new toy. Been on WM for 3 years and I have been so jealous of the EVO 4G I got my wife to replace her TP2. Now Im glad I can run Android w/sound on my own TP2 and not get rid of my SERO plan like she had to.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps