PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
It looks like you did have it create a new data.img. Not sure what it is about the first boot, but what I usually do on a first boot where the data.img is created, let it settle out (5 mins or so) then reboot to WinMo and boot Android again. Kinda annoying, but for whatever reason I have much better luck when doing that.

Also, I reused my data.img from FRX03. There weren't huge changes, and I was already using the graphics improvements.

Oh - I just thought of something as well. In your froyo.user.conf, make sure you're not mounting any of those graphics files. No need for that anymore - the only time you would need to do that now is for the libcamera file when testing cam.
arrrghhh, I did everything from scratch; not mixing any of tiad8's stuff here with this. I just took official FRX03 and updated the files (FRX04 system.ext2, latest rootfs.img from XDandroid.com, and 1253 kernel/modules). Yeah, since the 3D driver is already updated in the FRX04 system.ext2, no need for the special mounting in froyo.user.conf as you mentioned.

Anyways, per your suggestion of just letting the phone settle out for 5 or more minutes after the first boot and then rebooting into WinMo and then back to FRX04, everything is fine now. I, myself, am overclocking it to 710Mhz, so everything is really smooth and snappy. Gonna try to run some quadrant test to see how it is. Since I'm OC'ing, I set pm.sleep_mode to 1 to prevent SODs, per your suggestion earlier.

Viruscrazy just released a new camera kernel/modules/library update so I'm going to try it on top of FRX04.

If anyone is interested, I can post my All-In-One package I'm currently running; it's just the official FRX03 updated with FRX04 system.ext2, latest rootfs.img, and latest 1253 kernel/modules.

Last edited by ndno; 01-22-2011 at 05:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:46 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

I'm getting a quadrant score in mid 500's. Getting some flickering during boot animation and during quadrant test. Tiad8's distribution seems better... he also had a different set of gralloc/3d driver files for later kernels or else it causes flickering. Maybe I need to drop to an older kernel and try again.

UPDATE: I installed Tiad8's patched angry birds; it runs pretty smooth but a small portion (horizontal) of the screen is messed up with flickering.

Regardless, FRX04 seems smoother and snappier than FRX03.

Last edited by ndno; 01-22-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work

Looks like a new Rootfs is out:

XDANDROID
New rootfs available (20110123-5cafe3f) at: http://is.gd/Rxz17B -- Changes at: Commit in eclair-rootfs in XDANDROID Eclair - Gitorious
Old 01-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
I'm getting a quadrant score in mid 500's. Getting some flickering during boot animation and during quadrant test. Tiad8's distribution seems better... he also had a different set of gralloc/3d driver files for later kernels or else it causes flickering. Maybe I need to drop to an older kernel and try again.

UPDATE: I installed Tiad8's patched angry birds; it runs pretty smooth but a small portion (horizontal) of the screen is messed up with flickering.

Regardless, FRX04 seems smoother and snappier than FRX03.
stinebd accidentally released an FRX04 with the new gralloc but without the new libGLES - make sure you have a new rootfs and the FRX04 image.

I didn't post in the forums until that issue was sorted out tho... So no body should have downloaded that bad image (I hope!)
Old 01-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

The commit log on the 1/23 rootfs states:
Try dropping in FRX04-built RIL to see if there is any effect on system_server issues.

FYI, I still got an system_server 100% CPU just now on a clean data.img that was generated with that rootfs.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Guys does the new FRX04 reference include camera working and 3.5mm jack through headset working?

Do I just need to reformat my sdcard and extract the contents of the rar file to my sdcard.

Or do I need to go to tiad8's thread?

Please let me know thanks

Old 01-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Guys does the new FRX04 reference include camera working and 3.5mm jack through headset working?

Do I just need to reformat my sdcard and extract the contents of the rar file to my sdcard.

Or do I need to go to tiad8's thread?

Please let me know thanks
FRX04 has nothing to do with camera or the extUSB headset - those are both kernel fixes.

So if you have the zImage 1253 (newest on GIT at the time of this post) then you'll have the extUSB fix. The camera fix is in a testing kernel, and entirely up to you if you want to run.

The bundle that Reef posted has the newest 1253 kernel in it.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

the keyboard backlight kinda scared me.... i was so used to it not being there in android and then i went to text yesterday and realized that the keyboard was lighting up. great work guys
Old 01-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
the keyboard backlight kinda scared me.... i was so used to it not being there in android and then i went to text yesterday and realized that the keyboard was lighting up. great work guys
LOL never heard of anyone scared by the keyboard bl. You've been thanked for the laugh! Glad you like it .
Old 01-24-2011, 07:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC Tmobile wing, Nokia 6265i,
Carrier: uscellular

hackbenjamin is becoming a great contributor

so i installed the other threads android camera works pretty good so whats the status on mms in this build? i know its not listed as not working yet i still never get them on any build i have tried recently at least
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps