PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bigmain06 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigmain06 Send a message via Yahoo to bigmain06
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
If you're running Tiad8's 'Froyo X', you should probably post in that thread.

This thread is for the mainline XDAndroid, "Reference" builds.

[MJG]Rhod.2.2BLAZN.XXxxXX is what I'm using.. I don't know what's the difference...
Old 01-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmain06 View Post
[MJG]Rhod.2.2BLAZN.XXxxXX is what I'm using.. I don't know what's the difference...
Ah... I wouldn't use that build. Last updated on 9.28.... it's old.

As for the alternative, just download the reference build. FRX03, it's been updated quite a bit.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:40 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

FRX04 has dropped folks...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
frx04 has dropped folks...
oh. What a great weekend this is going to be my friend. Downloading now

thank you
Old 01-22-2011, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Thanks. Gonna try it out when I get a chance.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

it says that 3d is better, Im curious so i was wonderin what you think the difference is between this and tiad's build in the 3d field? Is it more stable or something? I'm really likin his sense build but i kinda wanna try this too

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 01-22-2011, 04:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
it says that 3d is better, Im curious so i was wonderin what you think the difference is between this and tiad's build in the 3d field? Is it more stable or something? I'm really likin his sense build but i kinda wanna try this too
Curious on arrrghhh's thoughts on this as well.

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:21 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmethod3 View Post
Curious on arrrghhh's thoughts on this as well.

Thanks.
There's no difference. I assume tiad8 is using the *best* libGLES/gralloc combo, which ACL submitted to stinebd - so there should be no difference honestly.

ACL hex-edited the libGLES and bzo and ACL agreed on gralloc settings to match. So these are the same graphics/3d improvements that have been flying around and talked about, just finally committed into the main system image.

The only other difference with FRX04 is what stinebd pointed out - upstream fixes from Google, mainly security-related. Just newest from AOSP!
Old 01-22-2011, 09:02 AM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
hey arrrghhh, so this is what i did trying to run FRX04:
1) downloaded frx03 package and extracted package, just using andboot folder (i updated startup.txt accordingly)
2) downloaded 1253 kernel/modules, replacing those in andboot directory
3) downloaded frx04-based system.ext2 and replaced the one in andboot directory
4) downloaded latest rootfs.img and replaced the one in the andboot directory
5) ran haret.exe (fresh, creating new data.img)
6) everthing boots up fine but after settling out, it still seems very sluggish; did the voicemail trick and sluggishness went away but still getting a lot of FCs.

not sure if i'm missing a step of updating some file to get to Frx04. oh well, i thought it would be as smooth as tiad8's distribution. i'll reformat my sd card and try again tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
hey arrrghhh, so this is what i did trying to run FRX04:
1) downloaded frx03 package and extracted package, just using andboot folder (i updated startup.txt accordingly)
2) downloaded 1253 kernel/modules, replacing those in andboot directory
3) downloaded frx04-based system.ext2 and replaced the one in andboot directory
4) downloaded latest rootfs.img and replaced the one in the andboot directory
5) ran haret.exe (fresh, creating new data.img)
6) everthing boots up fine but after settling out, it still seems very sluggish; did the voicemail trick and sluggishness went away but still getting a lot of FCs.

not sure if i'm missing a step of updating some file to get to Frx04. oh well, i thought it would be as smooth as tiad8's distribution. i'll reformat my sd card and try again tomorrow.
It looks like you did have it create a new data.img. Not sure what it is about the first boot, but what I usually do on a first boot where the data.img is created, let it settle out (5 mins or so) then reboot to WinMo and boot Android again. Kinda annoying, but for whatever reason I have much better luck when doing that.

Also, I reused my data.img from FRX03. There weren't huge changes, and I was already using the graphics improvements.

Oh - I just thought of something as well. In your froyo.user.conf, make sure you're not mounting any of those graphics files. No need for that anymore - the only time you would need to do that now is for the libcamera file when testing cam.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps