PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8181 View Post
Has the 11/03 update been available since 11/03? I missed it until just now...
lol yes. But I think Sov just updated the app... I'm pretty sure they have to tell it there is an update now on the backend, to make sure it's good I'm assuming. Manually updating will probably _always_ be the best way to stay bleeding edge. That app just makes it easy
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:04 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
So I got things up and running and Got a MILLION QUESTIONS

1-What App are you guys using for msn and fb chat?
For WM, I used Parlingo. Whats similar or better for Android?

2- The fb app on marketplace tells me to pay, do you guys have something better? (DONE)

3-I remember reading that when in Android, even if you try to charge the phone and it shows that it is charging, the phone doesnt actually charge. Is that fixed?

4-I installed swype, Yet I dont see it, i still have the regular keyboard. How can I switch? No arrown on the bottom like WM(DONE)

And Welcome Aboard ARRRGGHHHH, and I can promise you, I'll make you go AARRGHHHH Even more with my noob questions on ANDROID :P
Anyone, lol. Cant go to sleep. So happy with Android

Last edited by bteljuice; 11-09-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
So I got things up and running and Got a MILLION QUESTIONS

1-What App are you guys using for msn and fb chat?
For WM, I used Parlingo. Whats similar or better for Android?

2- The fb app on marketplace tells me to pay, do you guys have something better?

3-I remember reading that when in Android, even if you try to charge the phone and it shows that it is charging, the phone doesnt actually charge. Is that fixed?

4-I installed swype, Yet I dont see it, i still have the regular keyboard. How can I switch? No arrown on the bottom like WM

And Welcome Aboard ARRRGGHHHH, and I can promise you, I'll make you go AARRGHHHH Even more with my noob questions on ANDROID :P
2. Official Facebook app on the marketplace should be free, check again, that's what I use.

3. Charging works fine 95% of the time. 5% of the time it's a little wonky and doesn't charge.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
2. Official Facebook app on the marketplace should be free, check again, that's what I use.

3. Charging works fine 95% of the time. 5% of the time it's a little wonky and doesn't charge.
Thank you for the quick reply

How can I transfer files from my pc to my device. When USB plugged in, I dont see any icon on device nor does my pc recognize it.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

How can I transfer files from my pc to my device. When USB plugged in, I dont see any icon on device nor does my pc recognize it.
Have to be in WM to transfer files afaik. Then reboot into android after transferring the files.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.549; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic
Quote:

Have to be in WM to transfer files afaik. Then reboot into android after transferring the files.
Another way is to get ADB running. At work I use Droid Explorer (on CodePlex) which works really well as an all-in-one solution for ADB shell, file transfer, and more.

You can also try an app that will dual mount your SD card. Some have reported this to work well.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.549; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Another way is to get ADB running. At work I use Droid Explorer (on CodePlex) which works really well as an all-in-one solution for ADB shell, file transfer, and more.

You can also try an app that will dual mount your SD card. Some have reported this to work well.
Ive been booting everytime to windows to transfer files which is annoying.

So where do I get this? marketplace? Droid explorer will allow my phone recognize usb?

EDIT: when I updated my files throught startup utility, now my phone detects the cable and does my pc which shows a Storage device. When I want to open the storage device, it gives me an error

Last edited by bteljuice; 11-09-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice
Quote:

Ive been booting everytime to windows to transfer files which is annoying.

So where do I get this? marketplace? Droid explorer will allow my phone recognize usb?

EDIT: when I updates my files throught startup utility, now my phone detects the cable and does my pc which shows a Storage device. When I want to open the storage device, it gives me an error
Edit: Here's Droid Explorer: http://de.codeplex.com/

Last edited by natemcnutty; 11-09-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

Quote:

Sorry, just on my way in to work, but I'll post a link shortly if nobody else does. Just go to codeplex.org and search for Droid Explorer (might be http://droidexplorer.codeplex.org)
Will do thanks

EDIT: Tried it and it gives me NO DEVICE FOUND. I also checked the debugging. Not working

In reference, Is there a way with one button to go back to HOME SCREEN? or is there a way to see what apps are running so i can multitask?

Last edited by bteljuice; 11-09-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Btel, take a look at tweetdeck it combines all your social media acounts into one stream: FB, twitter, foursquare, buzz

And it' free... you'll thank me!

Best... Member... Ever...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps