PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

brooklynstar220 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Thx man I appreciate it man.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPCS

sfreier is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to sfreier Send a message via Yahoo to sfreier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNoxious View Post
This was in response to a response made about my original question. It's pretty difficult for me to keep up with this because there is not a dedicated metropcs thread for either the touch pro or touch pro 2 android port but i am tryign to read through all the fragmentation. From what "i read" in the other thread, it offered suggestions but there were no definitive A) use these settings B) data works, I understand it's still in dev and the metro information is getting set aside because of it's limited userbase. I posted a reply in the other thread and will report back and hopefully update the wiki with definitive how to settings. So i'm going to go **** around with this while i actually have time to do it right now and get back to you guys.

Is anyone in this thread currently involed with the dev side of this port? I would love to get involved i have programming experience and phone hacking/development experience. I think that maybe if we could get a pseudo diagnostic winmo native rom and find out what and how winmo uses the camera and gps ..etc it would make the port of those features easier. Though, these are judt ideas coming from no knowledge base of the port or how the roms and cooking them actually works.
SeanNoxious if you figure this out please let me know! I've been messing with settings for months now and still no go data with metropcs
Old 04-06-2010, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hopefully htc touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

SeanNoxious is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreier View Post
SeanNoxious if you figure this out please let me know! I've been messing with settings for months now and still no go data with metropcs

Will do found some shit for the hero i will try to port to the touch. Might go talk to some boys over in the android section lol
Old 04-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok so i thought i would try playing with the apn again today and test out the mnc 210 instead of 995.

i found out how to replace the apns-config.xml file using root explorer but i need to mount r/w to do anytihng. when i get into system/etc and click the mount r/w it does nothing. doesn't make it r/w, it stays as r/o.

something wrong? or just not fully compatable?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
ok so i thought i would try playing with the apn again today and test out the mnc 210 instead of 995.

i found out how to replace the apns-config.xml file using root explorer but i need to mount r/w to do anytihng. when i get into system/etc and click the mount r/w it does nothing. doesn't make it r/w, it stays as r/o.

something wrong? or just not fully compatable?
Click the mount r/w? Not sure what that means. Have you tried looking at it from the terminal? You need to be root to look at pretty much anything, and it may be trying to mount that without the proper root privileges.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ya in root explorer there is a button that says mount r/w that is supposed to allow you to make the system foler read/write instead of read/only. when running android we have root access don't we?

i have looked at it through terminal but have no idea how to replace the file. this was along the lines of what i was trying to do when i desquashed the system but could never get it to boot when i resquashed it.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
ya in root explorer there is a button that says mount r/w that is supposed to allow you to make the system foler read/write instead of read/only. when running android we have root access don't we?

i have looked at it through terminal but have no idea how to replace the file. this was along the lines of what i was trying to do when i desquashed the system but could never get it to boot when i resquashed it.
Well we "have" root access... but you have to understand about permissions within linux - just because the access is available, doesn't mean the command your executing has been given those elevated privileges. That program your running is probably not running with elevated privileges, which is why it's not working.

I'd just try to do it thru the terminal. Should need to unsquash/resquash that way.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hmm, well thats no good. is there a way to give it the needed permissions? from reading on others using this program, it seems to work right for them (on an offical android device of course lol)

let me see if i can get terminal to replace this for me. any suggestiongs?

should or shouldn't need to unsquash/resquash? stupid windows won't let me resquash it properly to boot in android.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

squashfs doesn't support writing. The format of the system file is fundamentally incapable of being in R/W mode. That's why you have to either go to an ext2 system or unsquash/resquash to make changes to it.

It's a bummer.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

damnit!! let me try doing with as an ext2 and see if i can make my changes then. thanks makk!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux