View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 04:44 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
ya in root explorer there is a button that says mount r/w that is supposed to allow you to make the system foler read/write instead of read/only. when running android we have root access don't we?

i have looked at it through terminal but have no idea how to replace the file. this was along the lines of what i was trying to do when i desquashed the system but could never get it to boot when i resquashed it.
Well we "have" root access... but you have to understand about permissions within linux - just because the access is available, doesn't mean the command your executing has been given those elevated privileges. That program your running is probably not running with elevated privileges, which is why it's not working.

I'd just try to do it thru the terminal. Should need to unsquash/resquash that way.