PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 08:08 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhuffer View Post
Alright I'll try it out. I downloaded that but I'm not an expert at this like you guys so I was just wondering if there was anything I needed to do to the new SYS and ROM folders or do I just place them in the kitchen folder and start stirring.
Nope, just add rom and sys and start stirring.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

mjhuffer is keeping up the good workmjhuffer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Nope, just add rom and sys and start stirring.
Yah i did this and go a G'Reloc Integer error.... after fixing that I flashed the cooked rom with no errors but then I got a non bootable Rom..please help as I was to try out this sys. One thing I did do is replace the option.txt file from the old 21502 sys into the new 21222....now im trying without it and i'll see the results...

Alright that did the trick...hoping Calcu come out with a full working SYS for his kitchen so I can edit some of this things I want such as transcriber and stuff.

Last edited by mjhuffer; 05-07-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331 View Post
A 6.1 theme on 6.5 also gets rid of the larger 6.5 menu
right, and the large start menus are an absolute must for me

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Yah I only know the basics...I don't know anything about going into the actual Kitchen and editing .xmls. I want to learn so I don't have to set up my phone everytime i want to flash. Do you know of anyway to set up email externally so I don't have to do it on my phone everytime?
There absolutely is a way of setting up you email. I have a script that i can share that you would need to edit for your email type and server settings that you can pasted into you provision.xml file, place that on you internal storage, and when user customizations run, it will automatically set up your email accounts.

I use it for my exchange account and for my personal IMAP account. If you would like the script, let me know.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

I'm not sure if this is possible... but I'm going to ask anyway! The original system status screen that came on the Diamond - is there a way to get that on the phone on 6.5 with out the manila? I really don't like the new notifications that much, and I don't like the default windows one even more!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
There absolutely is a way of setting up you email. I have a script that i can share that you would need to edit for your email type and server settings that you can pasted into you provision.xml file, place that on you internal storage, and when user customizations run, it will automatically set up your email accounts.

I use it for my exchange account and for my personal IMAP account. If you would like the script, let me know.
Yes please go ahead and post it and explain what the provision.xml file is...It that in the ROM folder because I need to learn how to automatically set things up so It doesn't take me a half an hour every time I flash...getting a little annoying.Thanks in advance.

Anyways after trying 6.5 (SYS 21222 and 21502) without TF3D and loving it I've decided to go back to 6.1 TF3D.

Main reasons......Don't like the battery life...may be something with my setup but I have it pretty standard. Was getting horrible discharge rates.
Don't like how sluggish the lock screen is on startup (using smartlock 1.7c).....I know I could use a different locker but kinda defeats the purpose of 6.5
Don't like how the music tab works (opens up windows media player instead of using audiomanager)
Don't like the startmenu because it exits out when you go into something like setting today and when you exit that, it doesn't go back to start menu (kinda confusing but hopefully it makes sense)

That being said it has come a long way and I'm sure everything will get worked out..Thanks to the great work from everybody.

Last edited by mjhuffer; 05-08-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Yes please go ahead and post it and explain what the provision.xml file is...

Okay - here is the basic explanation. When you create a ROM, most of the kitchen's now allow for User Customization to run. There is a file you need to put on the root directory of your internal storage that has to be called "SDConfig.txt" This file tells the customization script what to run. I have mine set to only run my DiamondProvision.xml scrip. But you can also tell it to run cab files etc and install other programs upon customization. Here is what my SDConfig.txt looks like. It's a very simple txt file:

LOCK:Enabled
XML: \Internal Storage\CAB Files\DiamondProvision.xml
LOCK: Disabled
RST: Reset

As you can see, it points to my Internal Storage, a folder named CAB Files, and then to teh DiamondProvision.xml file, which is a simple script. So use the attached DiamondProvision.xml file and copy it to the folder on the internal storage that you refernce in your SDConfig.txt.

I'm attaching a copy of my DiamondProvision.xml script for email. I use Exchange Sync for work which is the first account setup, and IMAP4 for personal, which is hte second. but you can set it up for POP3 also. I have written over in Capital Letters the items that you need to update for your own account. If you don't use exchange just delete that section of the script - up until it says <characteristic type="EMAIL2">. I've had to unpload it as a .txt file, so just download it, and change it from .txt to .xml. it can be opened and edited in Notepad as an xml.

This .xml file can also be used to include any registry edits that you want to personalize your ROM with. but that's a slightly more detialed lesson as you have to use and RGU converter to get the registry setting formatted correctly. I hope this helps. i'm not a programmer, and have learned what i know by searching around, so i'll answer with any help i can, but i may not be able to answer everything.

Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DiamondProvision.txt (2.1 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

nitroshot is keeping up the good worknitroshot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
Is anyone cookin with 21043 4.7? I havent seen hardly any comments on it yet.
Is everyone liking it, are there any bugs to speak of? let me know.

Thanks guys
I'm having the silence ringer problem but weird I don't get the ringtone corruption message. The ringer just doesn't work until I soft reset

I also have problems getting youtube to work as well ("Cannot play this video")
Old 05-08-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
Okay - here is the basic explanation. When you create a ROM, most of the kitchen's now allow for User Customization to run. There is a file you need to put on the root directory of your internal storage that has to be called "SDConfig.txt" This file tells the customization script what to run. I have mine set to only run my DiamondProvision.xml scrip. But you can also tell it to run cab files etc and install other programs upon customization. Here is what my SDConfig.txt looks like. It's a very simple txt file:

LOCK:Enabled
XML: \Internal Storage\CAB Files\DiamondProvision.xml
LOCK: Disabled
RST: Reset

As you can see, it points to my Internal Storage, a folder named CAB Files, and then to teh DiamondProvision.xml file, which is a simple script. So use the attached DiamondProvision.xml file and copy it to the folder on the internal storage that you refernce in your SDConfig.txt.

I'm attaching a copy of my DiamondProvision.xml script for email. I use Exchange Sync for work which is the first account setup, and IMAP4 for personal, which is hte second. but you can set it up for POP3 also. I have written over in Capital Letters the items that you need to update for your own account. If you don't use exchange just delete that section of the script - up until it says <characteristic type="EMAIL2">. I've had to unpload it as a .txt file, so just download it, and change it from .txt to .xml. it can be opened and edited in Notepad as an xml.

This .xml file can also be used to include any registry edits that you want to personalize your ROM with. but that's a slightly more detialed lesson as you have to use and RGU converter to get the registry setting formatted correctly. I hope this helps. i'm not a programmer, and have learned what i know by searching around, so i'll answer with any help i can, but i may not be able to answer everything.

Good luck.
Oh yah I used to do this with my mogul...God those were the good old days...I didn't know this kitchen was SDConfig compatable..Thank you so much.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Ok everyone, I've looked into the offending regs of 6.5 themes that result in the incoming call bubble popping up when using the HTC dialer (and the phone is on).

This reg:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Bubble: BubbleBorderThemeImage
set to '\Windows\classicblue_msgboxBorder.jpg' with calcs default theme is the main problem. When this entry is deleted the bubble no longer pops up over the slide to answer screen, but there the words 'incomming call' still appear from the bubble popup.(i.e this is the big offender)

This reg:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Toast:T oastBorderThemeImage
currently set to \Windows\classicblue_toastBorder.jpg

Removing this entry gets rid of the 'incomming call' text, resulting in nothing but HTC slide to answer showing up when the phone is on and you get a call.

The problem here is these reg entries obviously reference image files for the new context menus. The thing is I can't see any changes for the life of me, even after I delete these entries (and soft reset multiple times to make sure) everything seems to work fine, and I still have the fully working context menus, borders and all. I've gone through as many context menus as I could and I could still see no difference (between reg entries there and delete).

You guys can try it out, if there are no issues then perhaps we need to make 6.5 themes with this in mind. (at least for those that want to use the HTC dialer)

edit: or perhaps even find the underlying issue, I find it strange that these pictures cause the bubble to come into focus.

Last edited by omnicronx; 05-08-2009 at 04:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom