PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v4.2 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcook View Post
i posted this info bout a week ago or so
sorry man, didn't see it. i just used it on nrg version... and i got an extra 20 MB free... so i got excited...

Last edited by amikam; 11-20-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:35 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
sorry man, didn't see it. i just used it on nrg version... and i got an extra 20 MB free... so i got excited...
i know cant wait to see what calk can do with it i think the next one will be very sweet
Old 11-20-2009, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcook View Post
i know cant wait to see what calk can do with it i think the next one will be very sweet
i love what nrg does, so instead of actually cooking because i cant get everything to work the way he does... i just patch up his nbh file with all the updated manila files and some image editing of my own.
cooking it myself just never seems to be as fast and snappy as his, not to mention that some of the packages i tried using doesnt seem to work.

i tried to get the volume 2.2 to work when i cook, so it messes up the volume icons. im still trying to figure out how to get the screen rotation as fast and as smooth as it is on nrg (probably a reg edit).

anyways... calk kitchen always made everything work, omj did also a great job. but i just can get it as good as simply changing some files on an nbh.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
How do i properly import this into the kitchen? I tried a while back simply putting the folder in the kitchen in the matching spots of the other SYS' but it didn't come up as an option when the kitchen booted
I've already flattened it out so all you have to do is put them in the appropriate directories and it will show up when you load vk. Its pretty simple if you look at the directory structure provided in the zip. (inside the zip there is a SYS and a ROM folder, copy both to the main directory in visual kitchen and it should work)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout7 View Post
You don't need to import, just unzip into the VK folder and off ya go. What you did before must not have been prepared like these are.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
I've already flattened it out so all you have to do is put them in the appropriate directories and it will show up when you load vk. Its pretty simple if you look at the directory structure provided in the zip. (inside the zip there is a SYS and a ROM folder, copy both to the main directory in visual kitchen and it should work)
and Thanks
Old 11-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Telus

jaqm01 is a n00b

Hi,

I am a newbie (maybe not so), I flashed a couple of ROMs... visually, this is not my favorite.

BUT for day to day work and usuability, this is FAR the best rom for my batterie. I now can stand full 2 days with 2-3h/days of usage (Internet, vsNotePad, Google Maps without GPS) with 4-5 calls of 5 minutes each, and on standby, 3 days is not a problem anymore.

Maybe Opera mobile 10 helps it out but I bet on the OS.

Oh, and for Canadian Telus users, I just reflashed with 1.04 Radio, I think it helps me out as well.

Thanks again.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
BINGO change this entry to get your old taskbar signal icons back if you are getting the never ending "searching for signal" nonsense:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\DualRSSI\CDMA]
"EnableDualSignal" = dword:00000000
found in 785ef691-88cf-476f-865d-d9707a9a1dd1.rgu in OEM > Phone > Common > OEMDrivers

I was looking for something close too this. It is not really what I was looking for. Trying to get it looking normal with the dual look. Is there another entry to try?
Old 11-23-2009, 03:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
I was looking for something close too this. It is not really what I was looking for. Trying to get it looking normal with the dual look. Is there another entry to try?
Anyone have the answer to the above question about the task bar signal. When I change the registry, I still have the world globe spinning and a dual signal strength.

I would like to get it normal...anyone know.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
i'm not sure what the "dual look" is, got a screenshot or something..?

this is the only thing i needed to get my signal icons back to normal

*you soft-reset after the registry change right..?

Old 11-23-2009, 10:09 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
i'm not sure what the "dual look" is, got a screenshot or something..?

this is the only thing i needed to get my signal icons back to normal

*you soft-reset after the registry change right..?
Yeah sohkis, I appreciate you finding that reg edit. I cooked it into my last build and worked like a charm at getting the signal icon back correctly but the spinning globe thing that takes over the 1x and Ev icons still pops up when using data, have any idea where that is coming from?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom