PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v4.2 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Ok I figured this out. The way VK works is that it cooks in all of the files in order of the way they are in your kitchen. So basically something is cooking in that weird signal bar and globe. I didnt have time to figure out what package is cooking it in but what I did was choose a taskbar and battery folder from the kitchen that i wanted cooked in, went to the EXT folders and put 'zz' in front of the taskbar folder and battery folder. What that does is make those 2 files the last thing that is cooked in, in essence overwriting what ever is cooking in the globe and signal bar.
Yes with VK if there are duplicate files, it will always choose the one lower in the folder structure. Thats why if you notice all modications such as say Manila come after the engine.

Are you guys doing anything special or does this issue exist with stock kitchen?
Old 11-19-2009, 12:03 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Has anyone seen this or tried it? WM 6.5.3 SYS 28002

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544445

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Ok I figured this out. The way VK works is that it cooks in all of the files in order of the way they are in your kitchen. So basically something is cooking in that weird signal bar and globe. I didnt have time to figure out what package is cooking it in but what I did was choose a taskbar and battery folder from the kitchen that i wanted cooked in, went to the EXT folders and put 'zz' in front of the taskbar folder and battery folder. What that does is make those 2 files the last thing that is cooked in, in essence overwriting what ever is cooking in the globe and signal bar.
so are you able to get the signal icon to show properly..?

i get the searching . .. ... even when cooking without my custom icons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Has anyone seen this or tried it? WM 6.5.3 SYS 28002

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544445
just cooked up a 28002, seems alright so far. haven't been on it long enough to tell though

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Are you guys doing anything special or does this issue exist with stock kitchen?
are your signal icons displaying properly..?

just stumbled across these reg entries that are new in the 4.2 kitchen:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\DualRSSI\CDMA]
"EnableDualSignal" = dword:00000001
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\CDMARSSI]
"EnableDataAnimation" = dword:00000001
"Enable1XEVStatus" = dword:00000001

Last edited by SOHKis; 11-19-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP
Thumbs up Re: [ 11-10 ][ v4.2 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen & ROMs

BINGO change this entry to get your old taskbar signal icons back if you are getting the never ending "searching for signal" nonsense:

Code:
"EnableDualSignal" = dword:00000000
found in 785ef691-88cf-476f-865d-d9707a9a1dd1.rgu in OEM > Phone > Common > OEMDrivers

Last edited by SOHKis; 11-19-2009 at 12:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:42 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
BINGO change this entry to get your old taskbar signal icons back if you are getting the never ending "searching for signal" nonsense:

Code:
"EnableDualSignal" = dword:00000000
found in 785ef691-88cf-476f-865d-d9707a9a1dd1.rgu in OEM > Phone > Common > OEMDrivers
Stellar! Yeah i was just describing how to cook custom takbar icons over top of the silly stock stuff. Thanks.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:05 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
just cooked up a 28002, seems alright so far. haven't been on it long enough to tell though
So nothing new to report about?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
Lol. Does that mean you retract your statement?
Oh ya.. haha I thought I deleted the reg entry but ceregeditor LIED!!! Removing the reg entry fixes the issue like you described

Last edited by omnicronx; 11-19-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:11 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Lol. Does that mean you retract your statement?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Ya sorry about that I was using a diff version of CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll (from calks tp2 kitchen) so I never got this issue as I guess it does not reference these reg settings. When I put the old one in I got the issue you described so I just assumed without double checking my reg entries
Old 11-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

On another note, I don't know if anyone else has done this but I've been using the enatives showcase suite just for its X button functionality (as the old task manager no longer does this in the new builds) and I have had 0 issues with freezing. The freezing issue it has is definitely tied to the task-manager itself, not the x button closing functionality. So I just removed the shortcut from the start menu(so I don't go into it by accident), and changed the hold and press start button option to the normal task manager (basically so the enatives taskmanager will never actually start, but so the service that does the xbutton functionality still runs in the background. Now pressing the X button actually closes the app, I get no freezing issues and I still have an easily accessible task manager if I need it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom