PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 12:42 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 3 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.0 Preview ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
There is a thread over at XDA about putting your email account info from the registry into a cab so that you can load it up that way. I played around with it for a couple days some time ago but could never get it to work. I got irritated with it and started using SPB backup. It works flawlessly and just involves clicking a few buttons.
And don't forget to check the registry settings forum here at PPCGeeks.

Personally, I don't like the idea of cooking passwords or serial numbers into a ROM. When I run into problems and I want somebody to take a look at the ROM, posting it to an anonymous ftp site doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.

So, I setup everything I can manage via rgu entries in a separate OEM. Then, serial numbers, passwords, owner information and other personal information is installed via cab file. The heart of this cab process is _setup.xml which is actuall a provxml file, which can easily also be provisioned with User Configuartion or Shashimi ... without user intervention.

Best regards,
-boggsie
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond 6950 | 6800 - Retired
Carrier: ALLTEL

th3m3 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to th3m3 Send a message via Yahoo to th3m3

Hey Calcu
I have noticed on your 4.0 preview that the alltel brown manillia's font on the default home sreen is white until you highlight it then it becomes brown. Nothing major just a visual flaw i saw. Love 4.0 it seems very fast and stable thus far. Keep up the kick *** work.

HTC Touch PRO ( Alltel 6850) - Current
| HTC Diamond (Alltel MP6950AL) - Gone | HTC Titan (Alltel AX6800) - Retired

If I Have Helped You Please Hit "Thanks"

Old 01-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatter View Post
CALCU,

I think I found out. After trying selection by selection, I think the problem is the VoIP. I hope I have helped somehow... I hope we can get that fixed.

Thanks
Taking VOIP out has made things work better for me. I think I've found the direct cause of the youtube problem.

I'm running the modulated older manila engine .3509 or something like that. Anyway youtube will play fine until I use Manila to play music. Once I do that I get the same youtube error. If I go into fdc task manager and stop the Htcaudiomanager youtube works again.

The same thing happened to me on the unmodulated manila, but I redid the rom before trying to stop the htcaudiomanager so I can't say it was the same thing on that engine.

Last edited by Donatom3; 01-06-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: made a mistake on which manila engine
Old 01-06-2009, 01:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Ambrose is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ Jan 6 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.0 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Hey Calcu - I see you have posted the released version of 4.0. I have been using the preview for the past few days and really have no complaints. Should I just keep the 4.0 preview until 4.1 comes out, or is there something in the released version of 4.0 you feel is worth the reflash. Again, thanks for the great work.

-Ambrose
Old 01-06-2009, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Much didn't change from the preview to the final, except for manila version and I converted/unconverted some dlls, etc. So if everything you use works, keep using the preview

Old 01-06-2009, 01:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Official v4.0 is up

v4.0
WinCE OS 5.2.21109 (build 21109.5.0.0)
Thanks to boggsie for the SYS

Tweaked the SYS & OEM some more

Turned a lot of important dll's & exe's
into modules to speed up loading

Reverted back to Manila 1.2.35091.2_1813.6
Removed Arcsoft MMS OEM and made
it a cab that installs with carrier
Alltel & Sprint
Old 01-06-2009, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

mr.jcarter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
Official v4.0 is up
Thanks, trying this out now.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
To start, the problem is not the kitchen, its whatever OEM you are inserting into the kitchen or you are just selecting 2 of the same. Second, any kitchen that uses BuildOS will give that error, so don't come saying my kitchen has annoying problem, when the problem is the user, not the kitchen. Third, either delete the duplicate file from your OEM or use BuildOS+packaging tools as that will ignore the 2nd duplicate when building the ROM if the problem is a inserted OEM or only select 1 of each when told to do so
I can second this... I've probably built 100 or more ROMs on this platform, and the only time I've ever seen that message is when I've butchered an OEM or I've double-installed something.

The key is to take your time and make incremental changes from build to build, which makes troubleshooting a lot easier.

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
Old 01-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

Calcu, are you using no2chem's FastCharge battery driver? Charge performance seems about normal, but I've never used that driver, either. I was thinking of baking it into the next Blue ROM, but I don't want to go to the trouble of testing it if it's already there.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossman View Post
Calcu, are you using no2chem's FastCharge battery driver? Charge performance seems about normal, but I've never used that driver, either. I was thinking of baking it into the next Blue ROM, but I don't want to go to the trouble of testing it if it's already there.
Does it exist as an OEM?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom