PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 01:55 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: [ Jan 3 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.0 Preview ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

[quote=Drybonz;620803]You should look into Sashimi, Meatgel, if you aren't already using it. I have a feeling you would like it.

http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtop...t=4[/quote]

Now's a good time to learn this as I have a BASIC understanding of this kitchen and I can move up(?) now.

Thanks for the tip!

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 01-06-2009, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff

CALCU,

I think I found out. After trying selection by selection, I think the problem is the VoIP. I hope I have helped somehow... I hope we can get that fixed.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatter View Post
CALCU,

I just flashed again using the default selected manina and I am still with the same problem.

I'll list here what I am checking when building the kitchen, hopefully that will help us find out where the issue is.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

im sorry calc, no offense to you but your kitchen has got to be the most annoying thing i have ever used regarding my phone. i have seriously tried building at least 20 roms, and every single time i get an 'already exists' error.

yes, i have searched and deleted the file from the oem folder i was trying to use. yes, i have looked through this thread. i found one post you made about a month and a half ago that said delete such and such file and it will fix it, but it didnt for me. sometimes i even get the already exist error and when i search my comp for the file it says already exists, my comp doesnt even find the file- not even one file, let alone 2.

i have absolutely no idea why the kitchen just cant build the rom!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:01 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
So, after building close to 78 roms ... some of which were actually good ... I learned (with calcu's help) how to get my cabs to run with the customizations. I deleted the initial flashes file and shortcusts, added the cabs I wanted and then added lines for those cabs in the config_operator.txt file. All of this is in the Sprint Carrier folder in OEMs.

I haven't learned how to add my own reg edits, though. I only do two, so I'm not pushing my luck. I love the rom I have now.

Hope that helps.
Registry entries can be a challenge. The big challenge is that on first boot (after hard reset or flash) a number of provxml files are executed to setup the phone for use. Some registry entries are written as part of this provxml.

So, while it is advantageous to have everything you wanted cooked into the rom, sometimes it isn't practical ... or isn't worth the effort and you should look at some method of installing those registry settings as part of User Configuration (SDAutoRun) or Sashimi.

Personally, I prefer putting these entries into cabs and installing them via User Configuration. The exception are the registry entries to skip the welcome, stylus calibration and time zone screens. This ensures that my phone boots and goes through my User Configuration script without human intervention.

Best regards,
-boggsie
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
So, after building close to 78 roms ... some of which were actually good ... I learned (with calcu's help) how to get my cabs to run with the customizations. I deleted the initial flashes file and shortcusts, added the cabs I wanted and then added lines for those cabs in the config_operator.txt file. All of this is in the Sprint Carrier folder in OEMs.

I haven't learned how to add my own reg edits, though. I only do two, so I'm not pushing my luck. I love the rom I have now.

Hope that helps.
Hello meatgel, could you PM me with the particulars on how you add your cabs in the flash process. Also, if you have any idea on how to set up email accounts during the flash process, I'd love that info too. The email set up area in Calc's kitchen is greyed out so I can't add my info. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-06-2009, 11:39 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Hello meatgel, could you PM me with the particulars on how you add your cabs in the flash process. Also, if you have any idea on how to set up email accounts during the flash process, I'd love that info too. The email set up area in Calc's kitchen is greyed out so I can't add my info. Thanks in advance!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51566

This post can get you started if you are looking at Exchange Server and specifically Mail2Web settings.

The User Configuration thread that sleuth255 started also has a ton of information on how to use provxml with SDAutoRun.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366333

... and finally, rstoyguy has a number of tutorial threads in his sig and I'm all but certain that he has started a thread about registry settings, including email.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 01-06-2009, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Email accounts - SPB Backup
Cab Files - Sashimi
Reg entries - Sashimi
Other stuff - Sashimi
Old 01-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Email accounts - SPB Backup
Cab Files - Sashimi
Reg entries - Sashimi
Other stuff - Sashimi
It sounds like meatgel is allowing her cabs to install during the flashing process. I've used Sashimi in the past, but if it's possible I'd like the cab installation to begin without my input. I know, I'm lazy...what can I say! lol
Old 01-06-2009, 12:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
It sounds like meatgel is allowing her cabs to install during the flashing process. I've used Sashimi in the past, but if it's possible I'd like the cab installation to begin without my input. I know, I'm lazy...what can I say! lol
There is a thread over at XDA about putting your email account info from the registry into a cab so that you can load it up that way. I played around with it for a couple days some time ago but could never get it to work. I got irritated with it and started using SPB backup. It works flawlessly and just involves clicking a few buttons.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
im sorry calc, no offense to you but your kitchen has got to be the most annoying thing i have ever used regarding my phone. i have seriously tried building at least 20 roms, and every single time i get an 'already exists' error.

yes, i have searched and deleted the file from the oem folder i was trying to use. yes, i have looked through this thread. i found one post you made about a month and a half ago that said delete such and such file and it will fix it, but it didnt for me. sometimes i even get the already exist error and when i search my comp for the file it says already exists, my comp doesnt even find the file- not even one file, let alone 2.

i have absolutely no idea why the kitchen just cant build the rom!

To start, the problem is not the kitchen, its whatever OEM you are inserting into the kitchen or you are just selecting 2 of the same. Second, any kitchen that uses BuildOS will give that error, so don't come saying my kitchen has annoying problem, when the problem is the user, not the kitchen. Third, either delete the duplicate file from your OEM or use BuildOS+packaging tools as that will ignore the 2nd duplicate when building the ROM if the problem is a inserted OEM or only select 1 of each when told to do so

Last edited by Calkulin; 01-06-2009 at 12:38 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom