View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 12:42 PM
boggsie
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 3 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.0 Preview ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
There is a thread over at XDA about putting your email account info from the registry into a cab so that you can load it up that way. I played around with it for a couple days some time ago but could never get it to work. I got irritated with it and started using SPB backup. It works flawlessly and just involves clicking a few buttons.
And don't forget to check the registry settings forum here at PPCGeeks.

Personally, I don't like the idea of cooking passwords or serial numbers into a ROM. When I run into problems and I want somebody to take a look at the ROM, posting it to an anonymous ftp site doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.

So, I setup everything I can manage via rgu entries in a separate OEM. Then, serial numbers, passwords, owner information and other personal information is installed via cab file. The heart of this cab process is _setup.xml which is actuall a provxml file, which can easily also be provisioned with User Configuartion or Shashimi ... without user intervention.

Best regards,
-boggsie
This post has been thanked 1 times.