PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 01:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v4.2 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by etski View Post
That did it! I installed your cab, had to soft reset, then ran prl update and now I'm at 60657 ! thanks.

now I wonder if I should have installed "sprint extras cab" that were on calk's rom, I had assumed it was junk like sprint tv and/or sprint navigation, but maybe it was the update prl and/or update profile. Either way, it works now!!!

Thanks!
Did you build a ROM with calk's kitchen? If you choose Sprint as your carrier, update prl and update profile get put in settings->system folder.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Did you build a ROM with calk's kitchen? If you choose Sprint as your carrier, update prl and update profile get put in settings->system folder.
No, I've yet to cook. I just used calk's ms3 version and I'm loving it! Between the mobile shell & the quickmenu, the usability is awesome. I think the battery life is great, the speed rocks, the stability is great! I'm a happy camper.

I have found a few bugs, but I think they're all in mobile shell. I might try their new 3.5.1 rc version. It sounds like that might fix a couple of them (and probably introduce a few more.

Opera has some quirks, so does facebook, but that's been true on every rom I've tried. Lot's to try on this rom, I'm sure I'll break it soon if I keep playing, or maybe I'll dial it in like none other! Either way, this is one kickass rom! Kind of funny that some of the best features come from Russia and China (a little scary too, but I'm probably just paranoid since I'm a security phreak!)

Thanx Calk!

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 11-14-2009, 11:34 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

kitchen kitchen some body i found this in omj thread and the cfc is done to all we need is a kitchen

amarullz just released his latest VGA port, cookin it in the no HTC msg rom now

Quote:
009-11-14 Full VGA Ported Packages

Here the full packages updates, It contain all newest VGA ported manila files.

This day update:
Quote:
New Manila_Music (Full Ported)
I try to make it just look like original as I can, and didn't rescale any 3D elements ( It will reduce performance if I rescale it ), so the result is not bad... Also the rotation animation is so smooth ( Not as smooth as picture tab )

Ported Progress Report
Quote:
Manila_Core - Full Ported. but need some tweaks & reposition the dialog box (confirmation)

Manila_Calendar - Full Ported

Manila_Footprints - Untouched ( last thing & last priority, because it wasn't run properly in our device )

Manila_Home - Partial Ported. Need to re-porting the Launcher/Shortcut. Porting the citypicker, etc.

Manila_Internet - Full Ported, Will add some tweak to make it more useful for our device (Separated packages)

Manila_Mail - Full Ported

Manila_Message - Full Ported

Manila_Music - Full Ported, Need fix the reflection on rotation animations

Manila_People - 95% Ported, Need scrolling fix in contact picker (action type), and consistency of letter picker fontsize.

Manila_Photo - Full Ported (I don't want to touch this page )

Manila_Settings - Full Ported, But need to re-check it.

Manila_Stock - Untouched Yet

Manila_Twitter - Full Ported, But need to re-check + re-positioning the compose box it.

Manila_Weather - 90% Ported, Need to fix the scrolling on rearrange city & citypicker.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO CDMA

scout7 is keeping up the good workscout7 is keeping up the good workscout7 is keeping up the good work

You could download Caulks kitchen and try importing those packages into it.
I have been trying this with some success, but not to the point that OMJ is.
Remember it is a work in progress and any assistance is welcome over there on XDA.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:51 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i am working on it as well but omj and calk can out cook me so
Old 11-14-2009, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO CDMA

scout7 is keeping up the good workscout7 is keeping up the good workscout7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcook View Post
i am working on it as well but omj and calk can out cook me so
I know the feelin'. I'm no where near their skills. But I keep tryin'.
I can't get it to recognize internal storage or get the location from GPS.
So I just watch and wait.
Good luck with your efforts.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
I don't know but if you want to add the PRL update, try this cab.
I'm (easily) confused. Does this cab actually update the PRL and profile or does it put the update PRL and profile programs in Start?
Old 11-14-2009, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

The00Stranger is a n00b

Well Thanks much to Calkulin for the kitchen and kbussen for the suggestion. I d/l removed manila and changed a couple other selections in the process. Pretty slick!
Old 11-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

MrSelfdestruct is a n00b

ohh my first post on here I have been a lurker here for way to long. Anyway I have always loved Calks stuff. I have downloaded one of his latest ROMS and having a problem and was hoping for some help. I am not one to go as deep to use a kitchen and make my own. I am hoping i can fix the problems that i am having with this one. I have downloaded this one:

And everything is working wonderfully EXCEPT:
For some reason is isnt letting me add a email account or a new contact. I have flashed back to stock and reflashed, and reflashed a few times and flashed and did the clear data thing.( it has been a few months since i have done any New ROMs and that was what i always remember people suggesting).

Anyone know if there is something I am missing either something I have to change in a setting or a bug with the ROM. Please let me know if you have any insight as i LOVE this ROM and would like to keep it but cant if i can not get these two things to work. Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Old 11-14-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

The00Stranger is a n00b

So, what is the process for a new sys? Does the entire kitchen have to be updated or can you build a rom, with this kitchen and the next sys version?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom