PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Diamond (Alltel)
Carrier: Verizon

jakewill is keeping up the good workjakewill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v4.2 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfdestruct View Post
ohh my first post on here I have been a lurker here for way to long. Anyway I have always loved Calks stuff. I have downloaded one of his latest ROMS and having a problem and was hoping for some help. I am not one to go as deep to use a kitchen and make my own. I am hoping i can fix the problems that i am having with this one. I have downloaded this one:

And everything is working wonderfully EXCEPT:
For some reason is isnt letting me add a email account or a new contact. I have flashed back to stock and reflashed, and reflashed a few times and flashed and did the clear data thing.( it has been a few months since i have done any New ROMs and that was what i always remember people suggesting).

Anyone know if there is something I am missing either something I have to change in a setting or a bug with the ROM. Please let me know if you have any insight as i LOVE this ROM and would like to keep it but cant if i can not get these two things to work. Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Is your USB cable still plugged in? I know my phone usually won't let me set up activesync until I unplug my USB cable... Hope it helps.

jakewill
Old 11-14-2009, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
I'm (easily) confused. Does this cab actually update the PRL and profile or does it put the update PRL and profile programs in Start?
Puts them on your phone, not updates them for you. Might want to look on your phone first to see if they're already there ... try Settings/System.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

MrSelfdestruct is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewill View Post
Is your USB cable still plugged in? I know my phone usually won't let me set up activesync until I unplug my USB cable... Hope it helps.

jakewill
I dont have a problem with Activesync. I am trying to add contacts on the phone directly and set up an email account directly on the phone also.( just trying to get it to download my yahoo email account) Do I need to do something with ActiveSync in order to do this?
Old 11-14-2009, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfdestruct View Post
I dont have a problem with Activesync. I am trying to add contacts on the phone directly and set up an email account directly on the phone also.( just trying to get it to download my yahoo email account) Do I need to do something with ActiveSync in order to do this?
Sorry, I misunderstood... But try unpluggingyour cable anyway.

If things are not running properly, you may want to try this:

1. Clear Storage (Both device and flash NAND memory if you can)
2. Let ROM boot back to align-screen page.
3. Flash back to shipped.
4. Let phone come back to align screen page.
5. Flash up to desired custom ROM.
6. Align Screen, then let phone finish customizations and reboot.
7. Run clear storage one last time, align screen, finish customizations, reboot, try out ROM. (Only do this if you're still having probs after step 6).

Hope that helps!
jakewill
Old 11-14-2009, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Here's a cab I made for a fix for YouTube. Each ROM I cook has the problem. I'll try to create updated an EXT to fix YouTube from the kitchen later on.

jakewill
Attached Files
File Type: cab jakewill FixYouTube.cab (1.2 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

MrSelfdestruct is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewill View Post
Sorry, I misunderstood... But try unpluggingyour cable anyway.

If things are not running properly, you may want to try this:

1. Clear Storage (Both device and flash NAND memory if you can)
2. Let ROM boot back to align-screen page.
3. Flash back to shipped.
4. Let phone come back to align screen page.
5. Flash up to desired custom ROM.
6. Align Screen, then let phone finish customizations and reboot.
7. Run clear storage one last time, align screen, finish customizations, reboot, try out ROM. (Only do this if you're still having probs after step 6).

Hope that helps!
jakewill
everything runs great in the ROM just when I go to the email tab and click add account nothing happens. When I try to add a new contact on my phone it does nothing as well i just click it and nothing happens.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

HELP
i've been trying for two days to figure out whats wrong, i downloaded 4.2 as soon as it came out, i've cooked some roms with it before.
now, every time i try to cook the process goes through really fast and i end up with a 4mb nbh file.
i tried erasing and re copying and re downloading and nothing solves it, every time i keep getting the same thing.
please help.

edit: never mind, got it working, something with .net on windows 7 got messed up.

Last edited by amikam; 11-15-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Does anybody have the v4.1 kitchen, if so can you upload it for me and send me a PM with the link? Thanks!
Old 11-15-2009, 03:20 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i do at home if you still need i will upload in the morning have you tried browsing calks host look in his folder
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

The00Stranger is a n00b
Re: BluffMyCall (6.5.1/23506)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x42384 View Post
Is the BluffMyCall program in VK4.2 working correctly? Everytime I try to use it, it says you have an invalid phone number..etc.

On bluffmycall website, they do not even list WM65 as suppported, thus curious if this it is working properly on WM65.

Anybody get it to work? (is it suppose to work "free" for two minutes)

I used it successfully as a general user by following instructions on their website, however, can't get it to work when using the bluffmycall interface in wm65.
I've tried it also, but no matter what I do I get an invalid number error. I've tried adding +, 00 etc.

Anyone know about this one?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom