PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 09:46 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 10-22 ][ v4.1 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
Can i ask all of you using 6.5.1 ROMs / builds. What are you guys doing about the inability to X out of programs? Does it not bother you guys that programs stay active in the background, or are you taking the extra step and going into Task Manager after you close a program to close it again.

Just wondering what everyone is doing. That's my single biggest frustration with 6.5.1.
Well im pretty sure that with the one im using, tapping X closes the program completely. If for any reason I leave one program to check another, i do use the task manager.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

I still use magic button, then if it doesn't close on X then you can close it from the macig button task bar.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

x42384 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde View Post
The latest ROM's drain battery too fast. I just installed the beta and while it's a great ROM - wondering what we can do to stop that. Thanks for any suggestions.
Yes, I too see the battery drain. I am a hawk when monitoring battery life, and this is the first time I ever saw it drain so fast. Went from 95% to 7% in seven hours while in sleep mode. Data connections were all off..etc. Will watch it again throughout the day.
The only thing that was running in background was quickgps (autodownload off) and messaging. Don't think they could drain battery.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Well im pretty sure that with the one im using, tapping X closes the program completely. If for any reason I leave one program to check another, i do use the task manager.
What ROM/sys are you using. I was under the impression and experience that on the 23XXX series builds, the X only minimized programs.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:20 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
What ROM/sys are you using. I was under the impression and experience that on the 23XXX series builds, the X only minimized programs.
Im using the 23081 sys/ Calks Rom. I think that was an original issue but has now been corrected. Ill test and make sure real quick but last night it appeared that everything was closing when pressing X.

EDIT: After doing some testing, it does appear as though programs arent closing by X. My mistake. I thought this had been fixed.

Last edited by KBZL; 10-27-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker

If that's true, that's awesome. I'll wait for Calk to post the new kitchen.

My question to him is then - is Showcase or Position fix still needed?
Old 10-27-2009, 10:29 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot

I read over at xda that you should be able to hold the X in instead of tap and it will completely close but i tested that too and the programs still wouldnt close.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I read over at xda that you should be able to hold the X in instead of tap and it will completely close but i tested that too and the programs still wouldnt close.
Yeah, I've tried that in previous builds, and couldn't get it to work.

I guess i may just have to suck it up and once or twice a day go in and close out programs. I suppose as long as they're idle, that they won't drain much battery.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:59 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Yeah, I've tried that in previous builds, and couldn't get it to work.

I guess i may just have to suck it up and once or twice a day go in and close out programs. I suppose as long as they're idle, that they won't drain much battery.
Yeah, i am a battery freak. I was doing so well not knowing the fact that my programs were still active in the background, Thanks alot Sailrace.... Lol Now i am gonna have to find something good to close my programs.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

donky353 is just getting started

I was wondering if there is anyway to cusomize the homescreen in tf3d. with the new builds the call history is moved to the to right so there is nothing below the clock and it kind of seems like a waste. it would be awsome if we could do a tf3d 2.5/6/sense type of thing and throw the weather or some fav contacts or programs or something down there. right now the home screen kind of seems pointless.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom