PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 03:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Dec 17 \ OS 5.2.19974 v3.5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.1, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by micr5 View Post
When I try to install V3.5 with extras I get an error during customization: "The file: \Windows\S2u2 1.37.cab does not exist!". Installation freezes at that point. I pulled the battery and restarted and everything runs really fast. Did customization complete, or were other things supposed to be added?

You download the first ones I posted last night, which had that problem so redownload as that was fixed already

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
Quick note: The ROM flasher does NOT work in Windows Vista 64-bit. I have not found a workaround yet but this encompasses all Custom_RUU.exe's I found in the v3.5 releases. It just crashes with error:

Also, I want to make my own ROM using the kitchen, but what should I set the pagepool size to because I feel the ROM I did make using Calcu's kitchen is very laggy?

Slmclarengt

Try using the custom_RUU in the Tools folder and see if the problem still continues

Old 12-19-2008, 03:59 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoO View Post
is anyone having issues playing youtube videos? when i try to watch a video i get the error message "Cannot play this video" any ideas guys??

Sorry, I was cleaning up some of the unused OEMs and I guess I got 2 delete happy but just install the cab or OEM and it will work
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:33 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrusek View Post

No, thats what is really weird about it. When I try to turn on BT it just pauses and nothing happends. Then when I go into Comm Manager->Settings->Bluetooth->Mode then I get the message that there is no BlueTooth device found.

This only started happening with the 1.1 kitchen. 1.0 worked but Bluetooth still kept shutting down randomly.

I used: Calkulin's Diamond 19974 Kitchen (v3.5)

I even dowloaded SYS
Calkulin's Diamond 5.2.19974 (v1.1)

and ovewrote the original directories that came with I used: Calkulin's Diamond 19974 Kitchen (v3.5)

I also just noticed that you have put up I used: Calkulin's Diamond 19974 Kitchen (v3.5a)

I will give it a try.

v3.5a is up but it only addressed the YouTube issue as I don't have a problem with bluetooth, mine works fine. What changes are making in the kitchen and are you adding any extra OEMs\cabs?
Old 12-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
Here is the OEM for TomTom 7. Hope this helps out.

Let me know if you have issues with it. I don't know that i could solve them anyway, but i know this worked for me.
Thanks Sailrace...you're a pal!
Old 12-19-2008, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by effudee View Post
Hmm.. I just tried it and I'm getting the same error.

I'm using a rom made with the latest kitchen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoO View Post
Perhaps something inside the kitchen?
i'm running a 19974 based ROM from the kitchen1.1 and my youtube is working fine
Old 12-19-2008, 10:21 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Everything is up again
Old 12-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff

Calcu,

Cooked a rom yesterday and was testing it for a couple of hours and have notice two things only so far:

SPRINT TV - not working (I don't use it, but tested it anyway)
BRIGHTNESS - under power settings/backlight, sliders will go left and right but nothing happens.

I still have some other things to test, such as the fm radio, youtube, etc... but I always start where it's less likely for anyone to use.

Thank you!
Old 12-19-2008, 11:50 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatter View Post
Calcu,

Cooked a rom yesterday and was testing it for a couple of hours and have notice two things only so far:

SPRINT TV - not working (I don't use it, but tested it anyway)
BRIGHTNESS - under power settings/backlight, sliders will go left and right but nothing happens.

I still have some other things to test, such as the fm radio, youtube, etc... but I always start where it's less likely for anyone to use.

Thank you!
The kitchen he uploaded this morning fixes the tv and youtube thing. The brightness is still affected, though.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:22 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

For some reason, my backlight driver got switched out in this release but just install this cab and it will work. I will fix the kitchen but the ROMs I'm not going to reupload again, so I'll post this also on the first page. And for those with the kitchen already, just overwrite the one in OEMDrivers with the zipped one attached
Attached Files
File Type: cab Calkulins Backlight Fix.cab (47.9 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip BackLight.zip (18.9 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Calkulin; 12-19-2008 at 12:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND

jon11536 is a n00b
Re: [ Dec 15 \ OS 5.2.19974 v3.4 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.0, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
If you can see the icons, the files are there, I would suggest try cooking one with internet sharing and maybe enterprise and see if it works, as that's what I think your problem is

Do you still get the pop up? If not, I would suggest a hard reset

tried hard reset as per suggestions(several times) still no popup. i get the charging indicator nd nothing more

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom