PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 11:55 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 10-22 ][ v4.1 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
So sorry to ruin your battery saving day

Its been my biggest frustration with 6.5.1 for over a month now.
Ha ha. Its cool. Yeah wasnt originally my biggest concern with 6.5.1. Mine was actually the ugly stock buttons for the new softkeys. Calk took care of finding something else that looks better. I have been enjoying the speed and stability, just a bit concerened now with batt life.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

I've been running groove rom 5 which was 6.5 and I like the simplicity of 6.5, but thought I'd try the 6.5.1 to see what all the fuss wa about

I just flashed 23071 build and it just looks like straight 6.1
I though this latest build was 6.5.1 although I was not sure what 6.5.1 is suposed to look like...
Did I download the wrong version?
Old 10-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex jb View Post
I've been running groove rom 5 which was 6.5 and I like the simplicity of 6.5, but thought I'd try the 6.5.1 to see what all the fuss wa about

I just flashed 23071 build and it just looks like straight 6.1
I though this latest build was 6.5.1 although I was not sure what 6.5.1 is suposed to look like...
Did I download the wrong version?
23071 is 6.5.1. It has the start button, menu buttons, soft keys all moved to the bottom bar, and the top bar is now just for notifications.

If you have the start menu in the lower left corner, then you have 6.5.1.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nf3rn0 View Post
I have a problem I can't seem to correct guys. I have cooked WM 6.5 and 6.5.1 ROMs with Calkulin's kitchen using the 21055 XIP & SYS. For clarification, the taskbar icons for both builds are located in the upper right corner of the screen.

Everything functions correctly except for the following issue. When I don't cook a custom taskbar, all icons show in the upper right on both versions of Windows Mobile. However, as soon as I apply a custom taskbar, like one of the following:

GF Bear-Bonz Taskbar - WM 6.5.cab, GF Round Taskbar - WM 6.5.cab, m6 Taskbar WM6.5.1 Black Metal V6 HTC.cab, Brians Taskbar_6.5.cab

I lose the X (close) and OK icons. They are replaced with a white circle in the upper right corner. I have a black taskbar, so I believe this signifies the absence of these icons.

I am at my wits end about what could be causing this problem. If anyone could help I would very much appreciate it. If you require more information, please ask. Thanks!!

Part of the problem might be confusing the builds. 21055 is not a 6.5.1 build, so using the 6.5.1 icon set probably won't work.

You need to make sure you build using 6.5 and 6.5 taskbars.

Now i'm not a taskbar expert, but that is my guess as to what is occurring.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:21 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Part of the problem might be confusing the builds. 21055 is not a 6.5.1 build, so using the 6.5.1 icon set probably won't work.

You need to make sure you build using 6.5 and 6.5 taskbars.

Now i'm not a taskbar expert, but that is my guess as to what is occurring.
I second what Sailrace said. You cannot use a 6.1(21055) build with the 6.5 and 6.5.1 taskbar mods.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
nope that's it, unpack & drop the 23502 folder into your SYS folder; add the 23501 folder inside the ROM folder to your ROM > shared folder, and copy one of your original ROM > diamond folders & rename to 23501, cook & enjoi!

*TP users should be able to use it, however i have recmodded all the modules for us DIAMc users to have 0 modules in slot 0.

if you want the complete/untouched dump w/XIP you can find it here -
http://rapidshare.com/files/29791148..._ROM_XIP_VK.7z

Thanks Tom_C!

Ok got that done but I have a couple questions. Why is it 23502 in the SYS folder but 23501 in the OEM? Will that matter? Also whats the new dialer and stuff from Calk's 4.2 test rom that everyone is talking about? I want to add it to mine but I dont want to have to flash to his test rom to see what it is.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Quote:
23071 is 6.5.1. It has the start button, menu buttons, soft keys all moved to the bottom bar, and the top bar is now just for notifications.

If you have the start menu in the lower left corner, then you have 6.5.1.
Thanks, now I see the differences, I hit the lower left start button and didn't notice it was gone from upper left
Old 10-27-2009, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO 4G

jeiyuu is keeping up the good workjeiyuu is keeping up the good work

I have been running the new 23081 v4.2 test rom since last night, and it is by far the most stable 6.5(.1) rom I have used. The battery doesn't seem too bad for me: did a full charge last night and it dropped to 84% by morning (roughly 7 hours of inactivity). My only pet peeve with the rom is that from time to time I will see "start" in the top left of the screen in the taskbar bar randomly, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the skin. It doesn't hinder the functionality though.

If I helped you in any way, be sure to say
Old 10-27-2009, 12:37 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Ok got that done but I have a couple questions. Why is it 23502 in the SYS folder but 23501 in the OEM? Will that matter? Also whats the new dialer and stuff from Calk's 4.2 test rom that everyone is talking about? I want to add it to mine but I dont want to have to flash to his test rom to see what it is.
Nothing fancy but it is the Rhodium Dialer instead of Tachi. Amarullz over at xda kinda perfected the speed of the Rhodium dialer so it responds much quicker than the Tachi one that has been in previous kitchens. Now i dont know if Calk is specifically using Amarullz but it definitely has the same look and feel. Not too mention that it shows the state from which a particular numbers area code is calling from. Nothing hugely special but nice to see.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex jb View Post
Thanks, now I see the differences, I hit the lower left start button and didn't notice it was gone from upper left

any 23xxx build after 23017 is 6.5.1. Take a look and see what you think. The only main malfunction that prevents me from flashing any 6.5.1 is that HTC task manager does not work so you can't switch or close tasks very easily and it's kind of a pain. But it has lots of pros as well. Currently my favorite non 6.5.1 build is 21867 although I haven't tried 21869 (does anyone know if it's worth flashing to over 21867)?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom