PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 12:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

donky353 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v4.2 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The00Stranger View Post
I'm sure my terminology is off. I've been flashing for awhile but I'm clueless on building a rom

I opened the kitchen loaded 6.5.x, / 23506, deslected everything manila.

I clicked Save ROM and saved it.

When I click Create Rom - I get an error about needing to specify device id first. It's blank, so is chuck and oS id.

Where did I miss those?
you have to choose diamond from the drop down list at the top first. It already has diamond selected but there is no ID, once you reselect it the ID is filled in and it shoudl work.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Anybody notice in the new 21876 SYS that the signal bars in the title bar are missing? Phone just constantly shows the dots running horizontally and never any vertical signal bars?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
I have noticed that on the other 23506 and 23088 as well? Must be the dialer...I guess
i noticed this also w/my 23506 build, the taskbar icon .dll files don't appear to have changed so i'm thinking whatever is pointing to them has changed.

now if i can just figure out what that is... lol

it's images 145, 146, 147 w/in the CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll

Old 11-13-2009, 12:12 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
i noticed this also w/my 23506 build, the taskbar icon .dll files don't appear to have changed so i'm thinking whatever is pointing to them has changed.

now if i can just figure out what that is... lol

it's images 145, 146, 147 w/in the CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll
Noticed this my self but since i dont cook in custom taskbars, i just ignored it. It would be cool to figure it out though.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 11-13-2009, 12:18 PM
VIP Member

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

even w/the original taskbar it's still doing it though right..?

w/a modified one it still appears, just acts as if it's looking for service despite having signal.

i'm not stressing over it, but yeah it would be nice to figure out. hopefully i'll have some free time today to try to track down whatever is referencing those images in the .dll

*since it is a new branch, there is a chance that they are getting ready to implement some taskbar changes...

Last edited by SOHKis; 11-13-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:20 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
even w/the original taskbar it's still doing it though right..?

w/a modified one it still appears, just acts as if it's looking for service despite having signal.

i'm not stressing over it, but yeah it would be nice to figure out. hopefully i'll have some free time today to try to track down whatever is referencing those images in the .dll
Yeah, with just stock WM taskbar i have two things happening: A black and white globe that pops up when data is being used, sometimes it reverts back to 1x icon. And no signal bars, just whit dots.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

Is there an update prl function on this rom? If so, how do I find it? I'm running the ms3.5 version. If not, I guess I'll just update it when I reload shipped before I load this newer version. should I just call sprint and have them flag me for a prl update? Is that recommended or not recommended when using custom roms? Thanx! (loving this rom except for a couple of ms3 bugs, anyone tried the ms3.5.1 yet?)

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 11-13-2009, 12:54 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etski View Post
Is there an update prl function on this rom? If so, how do I find it? I'm running the ms3.5 version. If not, I guess I'll just update it when I reload shipped before I load this newer version. should I just call sprint and have them flag me for a prl update? Is that recommended or not recommended when using custom roms? Thanx! (loving this rom except for a couple of ms3 bugs, anyone tried the ms3.5.1 yet?)
go into start > settings > system & you should see update PRL icon.

you can get new PRL updates to update manually if you prefer - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59526
Old 11-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
go into start > settings > system & you should see update PRL icon.

you can get new PRL updates to update manually if you prefer - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59526
I'd prefer to just click on update PRL and do it manually that way. Unfortunately, calk's rom doesn't seem to have the icon or I just can't find it. It is not in the start settings system. I checked again and no go.

Any other ideas?
Old 11-13-2009, 04:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I'd prefer to just click on update PRL and do it manually that way. Unfortunately, calk's rom doesn't seem to have the icon or I just can't find it. It is not in the start settings system. I checked again and no go.

Any other ideas?
download the kitchen and get cookin'
Old 11-13-2009, 05:14 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:

Any other ideas?
You could always flash back to shipped rom, update prl and then flash the custom of your choice. Be advised, any time you flash to shipped, it will set the prl back to default.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom