PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 08:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
1. Battery life has gotten better with this rom....did you cook or use a pre made rom?

3. The vibrate was an HTC option. If your using the WM dialer, you will also notice the ##CODES# don't work. If you have to have vibrate, you will need a third party app (phone alarm, etc) or use the HTC dialer.
The ## codes work fine for me with WM dialer on Sprint.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwattro76 View Post
ok, i installed latest 4.7 6.5 and my top bar has plain icons, is there a cab for a color top bar with battery percentage? . Thanks
Knock yourself out. The most complete set is in post #2 last time I looked. You may need to edit the registry as outlined in the first post, but I think Calcu already has in his roms...just check if you don't get the expected results.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:49 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithoutRemorse View Post
Ok back with a report... nothing but crash after crash after crash.... with 4.7.. .tried flashing to shipped, flashing to stock. flashing back to 4.6.. and nothing worked. its crazy. If I looked at the device sideways it would hang... and do half a hard reset.(id have to recalibrate the screen and then it would install all the customizations). Is it possible i have some corrupt memory or something? how many hard resets can these things take? I really dont think its a rom issue or else everyone would be getting it, and my issues started after about 2 solid weeks on 4.6
You didn't mention if you added any OEMs to the kitchen or changed anything else. What carrier OEM did you check or did you use generic? It will probably be something small and fixable that will fix this.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 05-05-2009, 09:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331 View Post
When on the home screen when I have pictures selected, when I click on all photos it takes me to My Pictures on the device. How can I change this to go to \Internal Storage\DCIM\100MEDIA?
Anyone know how to change this? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photos.jpg (11.3 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

WithoutRemorse is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
You didn't mention if you added any OEMs to the kitchen or changed anything else. What carrier OEM did you check or did you use generic? It will probably be something small and fixable that will fix this.
Yeah sorry, im not into the whole kitchen thing.. I just downloaded the ROM WM 6.5 version 4.7 (all carriers, im specifically on telus tho) I change nothing.

Thanks for your help - im completely at a loss here so I'll try anything (once...lol)
Old 05-05-2009, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Ok back with a report... nothing but crash after crash after crash.... with 4.7.. .tried flashing to shipped, flashing to stock. flashing back to 4.6.. and nothing worked. its crazy. If I looked at the device sideways it would hang... and do half a hard reset.(id have to recalibrate the screen and then it would install all the customizations). Is it possible i have some corrupt memory or something? how many hard resets can these things take? I really dont think its a rom issue or else everyone would be getting it, and my issues started after about 2 solid weeks on 4.6
OK, I'm not one to give up ... let's recap. You put your device into bootloader mode, attached the usb cable, and flashed back to your "shipped" rom. When finished, you went to clear storage, and reset the phone one more time, right? At this point, were you able to use the phone normally? Make calls, check email, data?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
OK, I'm not one to give up ... let's recap. You put your device into bootloader mode, attached the usb cable, and flashed back to your "shipped" rom. When finished, you went to clear storage, and reset the phone one more time, right? At this point, were you able to use the phone normally? Make calls, check email, data?
Yep - everything seemed to work fine, I have it currently in that mode "shipped" rom and its working just fine. Made and received calls, emails comming in just fine. If it weren't for the normal lag, you get with shipped rom it would be great.
Last night i went back to 4.6.. this morning it broke, so now I've gone back to stock. The crazy think is that 4.6 was working uber, best rom' id ever used.

even ran a registry cleaner this morning on xda - thought that might help WMRegOptimizer. not sure if it actually did anything tho. but it was a great 10 minutes of my time.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Yep - everything seemed to work fine, I have it currently in that mode "shipped" rom and its working just fine. Made and received calls, emails comming in just fine. If it weren't for the normal lag, you get with shipped rom it would be great.
Last night i went back to 4.6.. this morning it broke, so now I've gone back to stock. The crazy think is that 4.6 was working uber, best rom' id ever used.

even ran a registry cleaner this morning on xda - thought that might help WMRegOptimizer. not sure if it actually did anything tho. but it was a great 10 minutes of my time.
Thanks in advance.
That's good ... at least you have your phone working. I think that if it were me, I would try another custom rom at this point. DryBonz has a really nice one, and he is a stickler for detail. It's based on Calcu's kitchen, but is quite complete. Another one to try is Indagroove's "simple" rom. I see where he updated it last night or this morning. Can't go wrong with his work. Of course, if you try one and don't like it ... it's back to "shipped" before trying another. Let us know how it goes ... good luck!

PS: Forget the reg cleaners or any other optimizing stuff ... every time you flash, the registry is wiped clean.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
That's good ... at least you have your phone working. I think that if it were me, I would try another custom rom at this point. DryBonz has a really nice one, and he is a stickler for detail. It's based on Calcu's kitchen, but is quite complete. Another one to try is Indagroove's "simple" rom. I see where he updated it last night or this morning. Can't go wrong with his work. Of course, if you try one and don't like it ... it's back to "shipped" before trying another. Let us know how it goes ... good luck!
Thanks, my thoughts are the same - im going to try something else for a bit. That way i'll get a sense of what the issue might be. If its consistently, inconsistent, then i know its my phone. If not then i'll have to make more assumptions.

Cheers and thanks for all of your help....
Old 05-05-2009, 10:37 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:

PS: Forget the reg cleaners or any other optimizing stuff ... every time you flash, the registry is wiped clean.
+1 for trying another ROM. The only other thing I could add is to try to re-download ... heard some poeple are getting some bad downloads. Just a thought.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom