PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
WM 6.5 Custom Taskbar

Since there are quite a few differences between the WM 6.1 Taskbar files and WM 6.5 taskbar I have created a new thread dedicated to WM 6.5 and the taskbar. This will not be as technical as my previous taskbar thread. For methods on how to edit a dll, what a dll looks like, how to replace files and so forth please refer to this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514 Please remember this is a work in progress since WM 6.5 is new so there are going to be a few issues at first but we will work around it.

Here is the rundown of the basic files:

- shellres.192.dll: Signal bars, sync icons, Wifi, 3g (G, Ev, 3G, H, E, 1x) syncing+receiving data icons, battery Icons
- tapres.192.dll: controls G, Ev, 3G, H, E, 1x
- HTCVolumecontrol.dll : Volume icons
- Outres.192.dll : Message icons
- Notify.dll.0409.mui : Alarm icon
- GPSAux.dll : QuickGPS Icon
- CDMA_RSS_PCC
- notify.dll.0409.mui: Alarm
- PictureMailRes.dll: Picture Mail
- tshers.192.dll: New Network Detected (WiFi)
- VoiceCmdRes.dll: Voice Command
- WLMMessengerResources.192.dll: Windows Messanger

For the Bluetooth Icon - There are two bmps that WM 6.5 uses to display the BT & headset icons on the Transparent home screen. One is the standard file, i.e. "BT On Mode.bmp", and the other is a background file, "BT On Mode Mask.bmp". The Mask file is the negative/transparent background of the regular file. The Mask files will need to be provided along with the other files in order for the BT top bar icons to display correctly on the standard transparent home screen. Otherwise, the system will use the previous (stock) Mask file, which cause the distorted image.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
As an addendum to my previous find, I believe that a side effect of anyone using the stock WM6.5 dialer along with tsowen's of 12aon's taskbars will be that the Bluetooth icon will not display in the taskbar.
The reason for this is that each of their taskbars includes phcanOverbmp.dll, which seems to override the BT icon info in the shellres.192.dll. This dll looks for the BT icon bitmaps in the \Windows folder (both the icon, and the Mask background file), and in the absence of the Mask bitmap, on the standard home screen, no icon will be displayed.
I can confirm this because I tried deleting the "Mask" bitmap files prior to cooking my ROM, thinking that it would just use the regular bitmap files, but instead, I have no BT icon show up on the top bar.
If you are not using the HTC Dialer, I recommend following tsowen's suggestion regarding the battery icons. This may also correct the BT icon issue, since I don't think those bitmaps are part of the standard 6.5 install. Someone who is using the stock dialer will have to test it, though.
So maybe its a good idea to have 2 separate taskbar versions after all - one for people using the HTC dialer (including phcanOverbmp.dll), and one for those using the stock dialer (using phcanbattery.dll). Of course, we still have to work out all the kinks, yet. But progress is definitely being made .

Known differences with WM 6.5 - most everything now is controlled in the shellres.192.dll file such as battery, signal bars (GSM) and your GSM network icons 3G, E, H and G. WM 6.5 does not come with a phcanOverbmp.dll but will read it with the correct registry edits. Some taskbar developers are choosing to use it Since HTC used the the phcanOverbmp.dll to skin the pin dialer and add extra icons to the taskbar. You will need to place the following registry edits into your phone or if your a developer into your cab in order to have it read correctly:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll"
"BaseId"=dword:00000000
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003e9
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065
Work around for the battery images since WM 6.5 they are located in the shellres but only 11 icons are included so for those who wish not to use the phcanOverbmp.dll due to the dialer skin take the old phcanOverbmp.dll and delete all the bmp's and icons other than the battery images which should be 101 images starting with Icon Group 1001 now save the file as phcanBattery.dll make sure your registry is set as below:
Code:
"BaseDll"="phcanBattery.dll"
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003e9 (Hex) or 1001 (Dec)
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065 (Hex) or 101 (Dec)
Make sure you double check and you deleted everything out of the .dll other than the battery images. Tried the above mentioned technique and it worked correctly.

Below you will find the "STOCK" WM 6.5 dll's associated with the taskbar

© Copyright. Copyright in the pages, screens, text, files and images appearing in this thread is owned by originating owner(s) or others as indicated. The information and materials contained in the thread may not be distributed, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without express written permission of the originating owner(s).
Attached Files
File Type: zip WM6.5 Dlls.zip (651.8 KB, 2334 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip vista-artistic-icons.zip (45.8 KB, 1348 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tsowen; 05-17-2009 at 09:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 54 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Re: WM 6.5 Custom Taskbar

tsowentaskbar WM 6.5 Beta (based upon my taskbar 6 elite v3) (Work in progress)

12AON has really help pioneer the way for the WM 6.5 taskbar so huge props to him and also thanks to MysticGenious and others who offered to test and evaluate my files. Here is the updated WM 6.5 version with the dll's straight from WM 6.5 (only for those running 6.5) with this version GSM users now have colored bars. As always same rules apply as any other taskbars when installing the cab. Any bugs or problems please report back. This is based upon my taskbar 6 elite v3 located here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...54&postcount=4

Code:
BT Discoverable.bmp
BT On Mode.bmp
BT Stereo Headset.bmp
CDMA_RSS_PPC.dll
GPS-icon.bmp
GPS-icon Mask.bmp
HTCVolumeControl.dll  
notify.dll.0409.mui
outres.192.dll
pchanOvermbmp.dll
PictureMailRes.dll
shellres.192.dll
Stereo Headset.bmp
tapres.192.dll
tshers.192.dll
VoiceCmdRes.dll
WLMMessengerResources.192.dll
_setup.xml

Known Issues:
1. 3G, G, H and E Active Data Icon transparency needs fixed

For those who need the RevA file is below

Fixes:
1. Corrected All BT Icons and added mask.bmp files for corresponding images.
2. Uploaded all dll and bmp files in attachment WM6.5 Dlls.zip

© Copyright. Copyright in the pages, screens, text, files and images appearing in this thread is owned by originating owner(s) or others as indicated. The information and materials contained in the thread may not be distributed, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without express written permission of the originating owner(s).
Attached Files
File Type: zip RevA Icon.zip (42.5 KB, 1029 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip WM6.5 Dlls.zip (1.42 MB, 1123 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab tsowentaskbar6 WM6.5 version.cab (1.17 MB, 2981 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tsowen; 05-13-2009 at 11:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 60 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowentaskbar3v1.5 for WM 6.5

Code:
BT Discoverable.bmp BT On Mode.bmp BT Stereo Headset.bmp CDMA_RSS_PPC.dll GPS-icon.bmp GPS-icon Mask.bmp HTCVolumeControl.dll notify.dll.0409.mui outres.192.dll pchanOvermbmp.dll PictureMailRes.dll shellres.192.dll Stereo Headset.bmp tapres.192.dll tshers.192.dll VoiceCmdRes.dll WLMMessengerResources.192.dll
_setup.xml

The wait is over here is taskbar 3v1.5 for WM 6.5 as always install sdkcerts then the taskbar cab.

**Fixed Network Icon**
**Fixed Speaker Icon**

Added Rev A Cab for those who need it.
Attached Files
File Type: cab tsowentaskbar3v1.5 WM6.5 version.cab (1.39 MB, 1607 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab RevA Icon.cab (171.2 KB, 690 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tsowen; 04-26-2009 at 08:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 33 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

reserved 3
This post has been thanked 17 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Mine

LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ALL LIKE IT!! install sdkcerts AND have to make the changes in your registry posted in tsowens post.
"BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll"
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003e9
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065

some people are deleting this regkey from their roms. this will effect the signal icon, sync icon, it will point the these icons to the Shell file instead of the CDMA file. So if you have this problem after installing a taskbar, check your registry to see if this is their, if not. add it.
"FuncDll"="CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll"

For the Bottom Buttons on the Newer system Builds.
Use the Classic Blue Theme.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Brock1909 Taskbar.zip (1.06 MB, 935 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Brock1909 bottom task bar.cab (56.2 KB, 280 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Brock1909; 09-02-2009 at 09:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 22 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:51 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

8-13-09 New Release!
Here is my latest task bar. What you are getting is a sneak peak of my soon to be released GadgetROM. This VGA, CDMA only for now. I'll get around to a GSM version as soon as I have the time. Let me know what you think! Thanks to Riley05 and Rusty Duck for some preliminary testing. And thanks to Bilbobrian at XDA for the battery layout, and Tsowen for the icon base.

5-9-09 Update:
Here is the conversion of my Round Taskbar theme to WM 6.5. Just Download and install the attached cab. After you've installed SDKCerts, of course...

Note, If you are using the Topaz Notification Enhancements, you can install that cab to get a skinned Notifications manager.

One thing to note, I am in all likelihood abandoning skinning the HTC Large Title bar due to all of the distortion issues, etc. Since I am runing Rhodium TF3D and WM 6.5 now, I am just going to concentrate on those features that are still actively being deployed by MS and HTC. It seems the LTB is going to go away soon...

6-9-09 Update:

Here is a preview of what I'll be posting in the next couple weeks. Right now, this is exclusively available in Drybonz' Bear-Bonz ROM for the Sprint Diamond.

6-10-09 UPDATE:

Due to Drybonz ending development of his Bear-Bonz ROM, I am going ahead and releasing the custom taskbar early. For right now, this is CDMA only, and is geared to someone running Rhodium since it has the dll and icons for the new Notifications Manager included. It won't hurt your phone if you aren't running Rhodium, but it will eat up some space...

I am working on the GSM icons now and hope to have something done by the end of the weekend. The current battery is by Misfortune for his TB v2 and is included and modded with his permission. I am actually looking at changing the battery, too, so, ahem, bear with me on that... .

Also, as usual, all the usual provisions apply: Back-up your device, install the SDK Certs cab, make sure you have the nuepower drivers installed (or the battery will not display properly...) etc, etc...

If you are a ROM chef and wish to use any of my taskbars in your ROM, just please PM me and let me know.

6-14-09 UPDATE:

Thanks to Indagroove, the Bear-Bonz Custom taskbar will now work with GrooveROM and Mighty Mike's ROMs. This version includes the revA icon and a few other tweaks.

I have also finished and uploaded the GSM version of the Bear-Bonz Taskbar as well! Enjoy!

Last edited by gadgetfreak; 08-13-2009 at 05:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 137 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Misfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on rep

-- Maybe one day I will need this space. --

If you are a fan of my work, please feel free to .

Misfortune Taskbar v2.0

Misfortune Taskbar v1.0

This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

decibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Place Marker for future projects.
Accepting Donations - If you like my work, please donate! All Donations go to saving the world, uhhh.. and other things. Specifically to development of ROMs. I will share proceeds with all who have contributed. I am cool like that.

dB_ROM: [05.14.09] dB_ROM WM 6.5 21501,21502,21222,21231 ROM/Kitchen TouchPro [Multi-ROMs]
XDA Thread: Click Here
PPCG Thread: Click Here
sMMS: Click Here
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Reserved for my taskbar project in the works.
I'm glad you guys are starting with 6.5
I've been starting to play with the dll's myself
as one day I was curious and tried the 6.1 taskbar on 6.5,
and four words came to my mind,
weapon of mass destruction.
It just made my vogue go completely cracked out.
But anyways, I hope to be getting my taskbar Icons
finalized soon so I can start working on the technical aspects.

Edit:: Update:: Just got a Touch Pro,
so I'm scratching my qvga taskbars that I was working on
(got rid of the files already, and don't have my phone)
Hope to get cracking on this SOON!

Last edited by codybear; 06-20-2009 at 05:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:18 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Give that a shot.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgixmw...Ab_iconbar.rar

Last edited by conflipper; 04-24-2009 at 01:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 20 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes