PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 04:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NitrousGT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroshot View Post
I'm having the silence ringer problem but weird I don't get the ringtone corruption message. The ringer just doesn't work until I soft reset

I also have problems getting youtube to work as well ("Cannot play this video")
i have that same prob too, sometime with the vol all the way up when i get a text or email the ohone doesnt beep or vibrate. bur somes it does after softreset, then goes back to causing problems.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhuffer View Post
Oh yah I used to do this with my mogul...God those were the good old days...I didn't know this kitchen was SDConfig compatable..Thank you so much.
No problem. SDConfig does indeed work. And it, along with the Provision file both work for 6.1 or 6.5 ROMs. I have not had to change my email settings once switching between ROMs.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Blackberry Tour

minmac00t is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Ok everyone, I've looked into the offending regs of 6.5 themes that result in the incoming call bubble popping up when using the HTC dialer (and the phone is on).

This reg:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Bubble: BubbleBorderThemeImage
set to '\Windows\classicblue_msgboxBorder.jpg' with calcs default theme is the main problem. When this entry is deleted the bubble no longer pops up over the slide to answer screen, but there the words 'incomming call' still appear from the bubble popup.(i.e this is the big offender)

This reg:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Toast:T oastBorderThemeImage
currently set to \Windows\classicblue_toastBorder.jpg

Removing this entry gets rid of the 'incomming call' text, resulting in nothing but HTC slide to answer showing up when the phone is on and you get a call.

The problem here is these reg entries obviously reference image files for the new context menus. The thing is I can't see any changes for the life of me, even after I delete these entries (and soft reset multiple times to make sure) everything seems to work fine, and I still have the fully working context menus, borders and all. I've gone through as many context menus as I could and I could still see no difference (between reg entries there and delete).

You guys can try it out, if there are no issues then perhaps we need to make 6.5 themes with this in mind. (at least for those that want to use the HTC dialer)

edit: or perhaps even find the underlying issue, I find it strange that these pictures cause the bubble to come into focus.
I can confirm that worked also can you make a cab to delete these reg edits that maybe users can run thru SD COnfig until the actual issue is figured out

Thank You
Old 05-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work

Anyone trying Rhodium with 21222 and 4.7 and having a .NET 3.5 error? Does anyone have an OEM of this I could add in or am I extremely lost and that is a bad plan? Any attempts at installing the 3.5 cab fail.

Last edited by xcopmanx; 05-08-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch and Sprint Mogul

dornier is a n00b

Questions for a new 4.7 TP2 Calkulin rom user:

1) How do you change from the 24 hour clock to 12? I'm getting 21:00 instead of 9:00pm and don't know how to change it.

2) When I push on the the current time, I get call history and alarms. Is this normal?

3) After updating to this rom, I have @ 119 MB of program memory. Is this normal? Is there another rom with more free program memory? The reason why I ask is because Garmin Mobile XT locks up often and I wonder if it's due to the low program memory.

Thanks,

GP
Old 05-08-2009, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO 4G

jeiyuu is keeping up the good workjeiyuu is keeping up the good work

Okay.. So I am wondering if anyone here would know how to rip the Manila interface/engine that comes with the stock Sprint 2.00.651.7 so that it can be used with this kitchen? Once I have that, I think my custom ROM will be exactly the way I want it..

Thanks in advance,

If I helped you in any way, be sure to say
Old 05-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dornier View Post
Questions for a new 4.7 TP2 Calkulin rom user:

1) How do you change from the 24 hour clock to 12? I'm getting 21:00 instead of 9:00pm and don't know how to change it.

2) When I push on the the current time, I get call history and alarms. Is this normal?

3) After updating to this rom, I have @ 119 MB of program memory. Is this normal? Is there another rom with more free program memory? The reason why I ask is because Garmin Mobile XT locks up often and I wonder if it's due to the low program memory.

Thanks,

GP

1) Settings -> System tab -> Regional Settings -> Time -> Time style: 'h:mm:ss tt'

2) yes, that is to prevent a bug that causes the clock to push an hour ahead until a full Topaz port is created.

3) That's a decent amount. You shouldn't have an issue. I don't use Garmin though, so maybe someone else can help you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

NitrousGT is a n00b

I have asked Calc about a LITE version ROM, with less programs. He said he might make one along with the Final Release. I dont use a lot of the programs that are included, including the flip it, YouTube folder, the SPB Screeshot, and a few other. If its in a cab format it can be added if needed. That way for those who need use those extra programs, we can use the space for Garmin and other programs that use high memory.

Thanks for a great ROM Calc
Old 05-08-2009, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch and Sprint Mogul

dornier is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcopmanx View Post
1) Settings -> System tab -> Regional Settings -> Time -> Time style: 'h:mm:ss tt'

2) yes, that is to prevent a bug that causes the clock to push an hour ahead until a full Topaz port is created.

3) That's a decent amount. You shouldn't have an issue. I don't use Garmin though, so maybe someone else can help you.
Thanks for the info and help!

GP
Old 05-08-2009, 06:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Ok everyone, I've looked into the offending regs of 6.5 themes that result in the incoming call bubble popping up when using the HTC dialer (and the phone is on).
The problem here is these reg entries obviously reference image files for the new context menus. The thing is I can't see any changes for the life of me, even after I delete these entries (and soft reset multiple times to make sure) everything seems to work fine, and I still have the fully working context menus, borders and all. I've gone through as many context menus as I could and I could still see no difference (between reg entries there and delete).
edit: or perhaps even find the underlying issue, I find it strange that these pictures cause the bubble to come into focus.
Good looking out. I think we want to keep an eye out as to whether it changes anything else. I can't believe those toast backgrounds are only for that one single alert. This is good progress though, thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom