PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
That's a known bug with the HTC Dialer in 6.5 roms.
Really? I had no idea. Thanks inda. At least now i don't have to think i've done something screwy.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
i don't see why not, gonna see if i have time tonight to compare the 2 .tsk's to see how different they really are.

w/the older .tsk you lose the new tabs if nothing else.

*Initial observation: HTCGrey.tsk - 31 reg entries Classic Blue.tsk - 199
The extra entries control the png bar appearance and behavior, I think. I spent the last couple days poking around in those png's to get my theme right.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Telus

upsidedown is a n00b

when i try installing v4.7-21043, tf3d wont load... is it removed for this rom or is it just me having this problem? i reflashed the rom many times even flash to stock first before flashing to v4.7.. help?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:14 AM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
when i try installing v4.7-21043, tf3d wont load... is it removed for this rom or is it just me having this problem? i reflashed the rom many times even flash to stock first before flashing to v4.7.. help?
settings>today>items tab>check TouchFlo
Old 05-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

skoch is a n00b

I am also having this issue. I believe I had the same problem with the 4.6.4a kitchen however it could have been the kitchen right before that.

I have the alltel htc diamond and have confirmed the problem both with Arcsoft MMS and 3 Rom SMS input installed and not installed. I'm not sure if these items could be the problem.

I'd be happy to do some testing if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
any1 elses rhodium tf3d crashing when clicking on an sms. i thought it was a bad PIM backup that i had restored but tryed mutiple backups and the samething. rolled backed to 4.64a and all is well again. oh yeah im using the 21043 kitchen.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Cordy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoch View Post
I am also having this issue. I believe I had the same problem with the 4.6.4a kitchen however it could have been the kitchen right before that.

I have the alltel htc diamond and have confirmed the problem both with Arcsoft MMS and 3 Rom SMS input installed and not installed. I'm not sure if these items could be the problem.

I'd be happy to do some testing if anyone can point me in the right direction.
I too experience this issue, however I believe the reason for this is because JMZ's Rhodium Loader Fix is preloaded whether you use the kitchen or rom. This fix causes the keyboard not to pop up during the launch of TF3D however it is known to have the sms issue through TF3D as well as not being able to call a contact through TF3D, you have to use the dialer.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Skipping first boot (stylus calibration) wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Calk:

I used to be able to skip the first boot wizard and now at some point over the last month or so, it appears that you are no longer deleting the following from initflashfiles.dat

Code:
Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("Welcome.lnk","\Windows\welcome.lnk")
So I can't skip the first boot wizard anymore.

I deleted this line and the phone/os really doesn't like that at all!!

Any thoughts on getting this to work?

Best regards,
-boggsie

You lost me on what you were trying to say

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

pistol44 is just getting started

I'm not sure why but my Telus Diamond is stuggling even getting this WM 6.5 rom working for more than a few min.. It hangs when first flashing during the cab installations and IF it makes it all the way to the desktop it'll only end up hanging right after I update the weather plug in or Windows Live when syncing.

I have to end up doing a forced soft reset which suddenly turns into a hard reset then I'm back to square one.

I've read through as much of the postings here as possible but maybe this is an isolated issue.

Anyone have suggestions?

Last edited by pistol44; 05-06-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Alltel

kwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good work

Hello all. Im using the 4.7 rc 6.5 Rom and my pics wont auto rotate..is there a fix for this....gestures work but it wont auto rotate...hmmmmmm

Last edited by kwattro76; 05-06-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

lemute is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
I'm not sure why but my Telus Diamond is stuggling even getting this WM 6.5 rom working for more than a few min.. It hangs when first flashing during the cab installations and IF it makes it all the way to the desktop it'll only end up hanging right after I update the weather plug in or Windows Live when syncing.

I have to end up doing a forced soft reset which suddenly turns into a hard reset then I'm back to square one.

I've read through as much of the postings here as possible but maybe this is an isolated issue.

Anyone have suggestions?

I've had the same problem when I flashed the previous version, I kept making a new rom and flashing it and it would do the same thing you are describing. I fixed the problem by doing the following steps (some may not be necessary).
  • Delete the kitchen from my computer, clear temp files on my computer, reboot computer and extract a re-downloaded kitchen
  • Hard reset AND format internal memory (backup your stuff to your computer)
  • Flash to stock/shipped telus ROM, go through "customization" and let everything finish.
  • Hard reset AND format internal memory (format internal memory not necessary, but I did it anyways)
  • Go through the "customization" again and let everything finish.
  • Now, making sure your battery is at %100 (no less) and your computer is freshly rebooted, flash with a ROM from cal's kitchen.
  • Go through entire customization and let everythign finish.
  • once done, do one last Hard Reset and format internal memory, then go through customization one last time and now your phone "should" work.
I've tried many ways to fix the problems i was having, and these are the steps i must take on my telus diamond to flash a ROM properly from calkulin's kitchen.
Oh and I don't use TF3D to save memory, and i try to flash as light of a ROM as possible as the apps can be installed later on onto internal membery so save memory and prevent WM from preloading all your software

-

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom