PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Did you install either the Facebook tab fix, or JMZ's bootloader hack fix by any chance?

*edit* Also, this can be a symptom of needing to flash back to shipped... I got it the other day and my calendar appointments were crashing TF.

didnt install either fix. flashed back to shipped before i flashed 4.7. i even dug out the cdma sms fix from when the rhodium was 1st released and no dice.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

WithoutRemorse is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithoutRemorse View Post
Answer to this is yes and no. With the Calkulin rom, in about 50% of the occations ive recently flashed/hard reset the customizations have run to the reboot. the other half of the time, it would hang towards the end of the implementation and the screen would turn off and on with no progress. Id leave it for 10 - 15 minutes then reset the device and start the process again.

I read another thread here that listed just about exactly the symptoms im exhibiting.

I was leaning towards some sort of phone related issue but the shipped rom is actually working perfectly. I would have thought that this would show up with any rom, not just cooked roms as it seems to be.

Cheers, yes im probably riding the short bus on this one!
Hey!!! - yes im quoting myself.. but just wanted to thank everyone who helped me. Still not exactly sure what caused it. But eventually clearing the internal storage, reverting to shipped rom and a hard reset via the button method rather than the clear storage. Once everything go loaded up i flashed to new rom and eveyrthing worked.
So cheers
Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

DrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good workDrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via MSN to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via Yahoo to DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
enable the htc phone skin and the icons should appear again (after a soft-reset)

thanks i posted in the wrong thread ment to put it in the touch pro but thanks for the info man
Old 05-05-2009, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithoutRemorse View Post
Hey!!! - yes im quoting myself.. but just wanted to thank everyone who helped me. Still not exactly sure what caused it. But eventually clearing the internal storage, reverting to shipped rom and a hard reset via the button method rather than the clear storage. Once everything go loaded up i flashed to new rom and eveyrthing worked.
So cheers
That's great news ... enjoy!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Can someone try something for me. I've discovered an odd effect with the HTC dialer and am wondering if others are seeing it too.

When i press the phone hard key or any other method of getting to the phone screen, and just hit down on the D-pad to start cycling through the phone list and then into the contacts, and then the highlight bar starts to stick and the screen starts to get jumbled.

Is this another result of the HTC Dialer or am i screwing something up.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:45 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
Can someone try something for me. I've discovered an odd effect with the HTC dialer and am wondering if others are seeing it too.

When i press the phone hard key or any other method of getting to the phone screen, and just hit down on the D-pad to start cycling through the phone list and then into the contacts, and then the highlight bar starts to stick and the screen starts to get jumbled.

Is this another result of the HTC Dialer or am i screwing something up.
That's a known bug with the HTC Dialer in 6.5 roms.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre/Touch Diamond

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
One more annoying question - does anyone know how to stop WM 6.5 from displaying notifications on the bottom taskbar. For instance when new emails come in, it pops up with "Notification" and i can click and view, but i already know i have email from the new 6.5 home screen.

Can those notifications be disabled altogether?
really? i prefer the on screen notifications. all you have to do to turn that off is to go to settings > sounds & notifications > notifications tab and then select the event and uncheck "display on screen"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Skipping first boot (stylus calibration) wizard

Calk:

I used to be able to skip the first boot wizard and now at some point over the last month or so, it appears that you are no longer deleting the following from initflashfiles.dat

Code:
Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("Welcome.lnk","\Windows\welcome.lnk")
So I can't skip the first boot wizard anymore.

I deleted this line and the phone/os really doesn't like that at all!!

Any thoughts on getting this to work?

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 05-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

amieldl143 is a n00b
Cool Re: [ May 4 \ 21043(6.1) & 21502(6.5) v4.7 RC ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Has any one run into youtube not working on 21043 4.7rc V. kitchen??? Wont play any videos... I have to use opera to get to youtube to work. Anyone????
Old 05-06-2009, 06:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Im having the same issue with 21502. I can view text from TFL3d but when I try to resond from TF it crashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
any1 elses rhodium tf3d crashing when clicking on an sms. i thought it was a bad PIM backup that i had restored but tryed mutiple backups and the samething. rolled backed to 4.64a and all is well again. oh yeah im using the 21043 kitchen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom