PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 06:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jun 3 \ 21051 & 21728 v4.8 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Is any one else curious as to why the builds for Win Mo jumped from 21200, 21201, 21232, 21234, to 21728/21731/21806

anyway, i saw what seemed to be a Windows Mobile Dev image of the RTM build of 6.5 and it said build 21200. It'd be interesting to know what device set they were meant to be on or where they came from
Old 06-09-2009, 07:53 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
Is any one else curious as to why the builds for Win Mo jumped from 21200, 21201, 21232, 21234, to 21728/21731/21806

anyway, i saw what seemed to be a Windows Mobile Dev image of the RTM build of 6.5 and it said build 21200. It'd be interesting to know what device set they were meant to be on or where they came from
There were a series of 215xx builds and it seemed that for a short period of time, that there were builds coming out simultaneously from what might have been parallel development branches.

If I were to speculate, I would say that there were some features being developed in the separate branches and those branches were merged into the 217xx line, which has matured into the 218xx line. All speculation, of course.

What really concerns me is that it appears to have completely stalled 6.1 development. Personally, I've seen no compelling reason to migrate to 6.5 and I would have preferred to see 6.1 go down the path of increased maturity and optimization.

IMHO -

Best regards,
-boggsie
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhuffer View Post
Yah it isn't the OEM packages between the kitchens it is definately the SYS's. I'm not a big enough expert to determine what is going on but it is definately a problem with the last three SYS releases (21728, 21731, 21806). Hopefully it will all get worked out in this next release. The keyboard works perfectally for me with the 21232 4.7 kitchen. I went ahead and updated the SYS to 21234 but any keyboard will be laggy with the last three releases (21728, 21731, 21806). For some reason those last three releases are causing the touch screen in general to be laggy which is in turn messing with the keyboard. Hope I was of some help. Remeber press thanks im tryin to get my rep up.
Thanks for updating on the three newest SYS releases. I've gone back to 21232 and everything is now working beautifully. I found the change i needed to get outlook to work (at least how to do it manually). I may have to write something in my provision.xml to create the missing directory in case i need to hard reset again.

I wonder what is going on with the newer SYS's.

Have you noticed much of a difference between 21232 and 21234?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:42 AM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
If you can't get this to work, why don't you download Calkulins kitchen and get the sys/rom and any OEM you may need from indagroove's kitchen. It will be easier to make it work since Calkulin already has the Rhodium stuff. Also make sure you are not duplicating any OEMs!
i can agree with that but rhodium is the only thing i want fron calku's kitchen. i prefer grooves 6.5 setup. which i figured was a sys deal and setup
Old 06-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

What is the best way to find duplicates in the OEM? I mean is there a program in the kitchen that helps find them?

And is it possible to run a 6.5 build with only TF3D? I tried on previous kitchens by couldn't get it to work.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
What is the best way to find duplicates in the OEM? I mean is there a program in the kitchen that helps find them?
Do a Windows file search on the name of the duplicate file.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
What really concerns me is that it appears to have completely stalled 6.1 development. Personally, I've seen no compelling reason to migrate to 6.5 and I would have preferred to see 6.1 go down the path of increased maturity and optimization.
Actually, 6.5 would be the result of increased work and coding on the 6.1 version.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

mjhuffer is keeping up the good workmjhuffer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
Thanks for updating on the three newest SYS releases. I've gone back to 21232 and everything is now working beautifully. I found the change i needed to get outlook to work (at least how to do it manually). I may have to write something in my provision.xml to create the missing directory in case i need to hard reset again.

I wonder what is going on with the newer SYS's.

Have you noticed much of a difference between 21232 and 21234?
Yah actually 21234 has a memory leak and a bad battery drain problem. I would recommend just staying at 21232. It's the best and most stable with the least amount of problems. I'm going to stay with it until further notice from Calkulin. I don't think i'm going to try to implement any more SYS's until Calkulin' releases full kitchen.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Is it possible to use 6.5 windows with TF3D only? I like TF3D but also like the start menu on 6.5 better.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

6.1 is not a requisite for TF3D, you can run TF3D and TF23d(rhodium) on 6.5

or are you asking something else?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom