PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 27 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.2.1 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyxent View Post
Over at XDA, they have figured out how to add the hd people tab to regular TF3d. I mostly prefer the regular touchflo, but the hd people tab is really nice. Unfortunately, I tried both the cabs in that thread, and couldn't get them to work with the black manila in Calcu's kitchen.

In another thread, pfcsabre posted a complete TF3D installation with hd people tab, which worked for me.

I don't like the default clock and background, so I've made a custom OEM from pfcsabre's cab. It include's the clear flip clock and background4allpages. It also has the CFC compression from Chainfire, which supposedly loads the manila images faster and takes up less space. If you'd like to try it, download the attached zip into your OEM folder. Make sure you don't select any other manila options, as this is isn't modularized like the manila in the kitchen.

I haven't noticed any problems yet, and having the hd people tab is pretty handy.
If you cook with Calku's kitchen and bake in xboxmod's HDManila it includes the HD People and it works. As well as the HD weather and Stocks... the ability to move the tabs around natively... it all works... I really like it.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

jyxent is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by citats View Post
If you cook with Calku's kitchen and bake in xboxmod's HDManila it includes the HD People and it works. As well as the HD weather and Stocks... the ability to move the tabs around natively... it all works... I really like it.
I tried xboxmods hd manila, but I prefer the regular weather tab to the squished hd weather. The only thing I really like from the hd tf3d is the people tab.

I thought this may be useful for some people if they just want the people tab.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

flindil is a n00b

Calcu, props man.. so far this is the fastest rom I have used.. its incredible! I didn't realize that windows mobile could run so smoothly and load things this quickly. I am using the black SIP and it froze for a couple seconds while I was entering a serial key for something, but it hasnt done it since, although I havent done a lot of text messaging. I hope that bug is gone ><
Old 02-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ahhh, been gone a few days... so much to get caught up on!!! well lemme get started on 4.3!!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-02-2009, 08:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

brandonkill02 is a n00b

what do i do when i get to the mutiplatform pagetool it asks to select a rom file and also already says ready to flash at the bottom but i dont know where to find the rom file to select it and flash it can someone help me with this thank you
Old 02-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it's in the RUU folder
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: att

mikejfrd is a n00b

Calc...

I've been on the beta for a day now and I must say I'm liking it!!!!

A few things that I noticed:

-I'm still getting a slight freeze while texting every now and then.

-I lost my task bar drop icon on the upper right corner of the screen. Not sure how I did that or how to get it back?

-My connection speeds mainly while using GPS in google maps for example are very slow. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the rom or something else??

-Sprint music isnt working, but I never use it anyway.

Other then those minor things, I love the rom, and manila!! Thank you very much!!!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:19 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejfrd View Post
Calc...

I've been on the beta for a day now and I must say I'm liking it!!!!

A few things that I noticed:

-I'm still getting a slight freeze while texting every now and then.

-I lost my task bar drop icon on the upper right corner of the screen. Not sure how I did that or how to get it back?

-My connection speeds mainly while using GPS in google maps for example are very slow. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the rom or something else??

-Sprint music isnt working, but I never use it anyway.

Other then those minor things, I love the rom, and manila!! Thank you very much!!!!!

Do you mean your data speeds while using GPS?
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: att

mikejfrd is a n00b

No the GPS itself. It takes forever to load, find my location, and update. Like I said I don't know if the rom has anything to do with it, but I have never had any issues with it prior to flashing??
Old 02-02-2009, 11:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejfrd View Post
No the GPS itself. It takes forever to load, find my location, and update. Like I said I don't know if the rom has anything to do with it, but I have never had any issues with it prior to flashing??

I had this problem a few builds ago... 4.2 I think... but it went away on its own. Apparently wasn't related to the kitchen. Try a hard reset if you haven't already.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom