PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond(Victor)
Carrier: Sprint

360discgolf is keeping up the good work360discgolf is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 27 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.2.1 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

Calcu,

FYI, I had a "no ring" issue on an incoming call today.

4.2.1 updated version using the white S2A w/ Curtain.

**Also the phone reverted by to the default ring tone. These new Builds are proving to be buggy.

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game.
In the deed the glory."

Last edited by 360discgolf; 01-28-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
So I guess my other question is (I haven't tried any of the HD files yet) what is the advantage of it? Does it look better, new features?
I tried indagroove's HD manila oem with calc's kitchen. The rom was lightening fast and smooth. The "stocks" tab is kinda sexy but I'm not sure how helpful it is. I think the HD theme would be much more useful if it supported landscape mode. Without that, I didn't find any improvement over calc's Sprint manila. It was also resource intensive. I did have to flash the shipped rom/radio to get back to a stable base before calc's 4.2.1 would work properly on my phone. I'll hold off on the HD until landscape is supported.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: telus

jregehr is a n00b

I'm desperate.

After finding this issue on the preview 2 version of 4.2.1 i was hoping, in vain as it turns out, that this very basic problem would be resolved.

Automatic prepend does not work for me no matter if the setting is off or on.

I am using a custom rom from the kitchen with white s2a and the alltel blue manila. Everything else is peachy but this is an absolute showstopper for me as it means manually dialing pretty much all my numbers and especially to return any call.

I guess i'll try Mightymike's next.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

click is becoming a great contributor

Ironically, i have noticed that my phone is automatically prepending numbers as overseas numbers, even though they are local -- i had to turn it off, because it was stopping me from dialing my contacts! lol
Old 01-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
So I guess my other question is (I haven't tried any of the HD files yet) what is the advantage of it? Does it look better, new features?
It has the stock tab, and some cool options on the people tab - you can email or text or call right off the people tab directly. Hopefully they get the good weather tab working as well.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post
It has the stock tab, and some cool options on the people tab - you can email or text or call right off the people tab directly. Hopefully they get the good weather tab working as well.
I agree that the people tab has some benefits. I'd like to use just that tab in other TF3D roms.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:34 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Very strange issue.
When I click on the reminder in the taskbar, my reminders are coming out in what appears to be German.
I don't think that I even have any German anything on my device!
Anyone ever seen this?
Anything I could have done to cause it?
Anything I can do to fix it??
But seriously...
Anyone besides the smarypants (j/k Mike) have any ideas how this might be happening?

Old 01-29-2009, 02:11 AM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
But seriously...
Anyone besides the smarypants (j/k Mike) have any ideas how this might be happening?
You have probably already done this but have you checked all the region settings on your system?
Old 01-29-2009, 04:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond~>Samsung Moment~>HTC EVO!

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor

Im running 4.2.1 and I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with Flip_it and the Esmertec Jbed Java running opera mini. I built my own rom, and while using opera mini if I rotate the phone, when it switches to landscape, the screen gets all funky and the bottom buttons disappear. The only way to fix it is to restart Java. I built a rom without the java included in the kitchen and installed a different build(Build 20080912.5.1) with a cab and it rotates fine with flip_it. Problem is, I like the one included in the rom better. Seems to be smoother and not so screen sensitive. Anyway to fix this????
Old 01-29-2009, 07:11 AM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
Im running 4.2.1 and I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with Flip_it and the Esmertec Jbed Java running opera mini. I built my own rom, and while using opera mini if I rotate the phone, when it switches to landscape, the screen gets all funky and the bottom buttons disappear. The only way to fix it is to restart Java. I built a rom without the java included in the kitchen and installed a different build(Build 20080912.5.1) with a cab and it rotates fine with flip_it. Problem is, I like the one included in the rom better. Seems to be smoother and not so screen sensitive. Anyway to fix this????
You could build your own rom and include the OEM of the Jbed version that works for you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom