PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 27 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.2.1 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

I've reverted back to 4.2 as well due to poor battery life. Not sure why the diff though....
Old 01-30-2009, 01:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

smi77y is a n00b

Loving how fast this ROM is, especially when installing the included cab. lightning fast, thank you!

One issue I'm having though is stereo bluetooth via the Sprint Music Player. I can't get any sound from the Sprint Music Player on my Moto s9 stereo bluetooth headset but it works on WMPlayer. Does anyone know if it's the ROM or something I'm missing?

I'd just use WMPlayer but when I press play and pause it wants to control Sprint Music, unless I'm already in WMPlayer, but when I pause and exit it always closes it. So it's not really working how I'd like it to.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work

Just curious as to which sdconfig program meshes best with this kitchen. There seems to be a huge variety of programs to choose from, and since I use this kitchen, just curious what everyone else on this thread uses.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:01 AM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbus182 View Post
Just curious as to which sdconfig program meshes best with this kitchen. There seems to be a huge variety of programs to choose from, and since I use this kitchen, just curious what everyone else on this thread uses.
Sashimi... SPB Backup.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:23 AM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I just rebuilt with 4.2 (also for battery reasons) and forgot to move over the OEM for Bluetooth on/off. Can anyone point me to a cab for this nice little app, please?

*edit* nm... I made another mistake... just gonna reflash.

Last edited by Drybonz; 01-30-2009 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

steinerd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I just rebuilt with 4.2 (also for battery reasons) and forgot to move over the OEM for Bluetooth on/off. Can anyone point me to a cab for this nice little app, please?

*edit* nm... I made another mistake... just gonna reflash.
Not quite sure why everyone is having battery issues. I built with 4.2.1 and my batt is still at 70% after 8 hrs use. I make 20-25 calls send about 20 texts and browse for about 30 -40 minutes throughout the day. my first day on 4.2.1 my batt drained quickly. after that it's been a champ. anyway this is my experience just a little confused why lots seem to be having a batt life issue and I don't. what really confuses me is some of the users reporting it are pretty damn smart on the phone. so I am not sure what the heck is going on lol.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinerd View Post
Not quite sure why everyone is having battery issues. I built with 4.2.1 and my batt is still at 70% after 8 hrs use. I make 20-25 calls send about 20 texts and browse for about 30 -40 minutes throughout the day. my first day on 4.2.1 my batt drained quickly. after that it's been a champ. anyway this is my experience just a little confused why lots seem to be having a batt life issue and I don't. what really confuses me is some of the users reporting it are pretty damn smart on the phone. so I am not sure what the heck is going on lol.
Not really issues, just the previous kitchen, for whatever reason, battery life was more solid.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started

Calc, Drybonz....anybody, sorry I need a bit of help here:
Cooked a ROM with 4.2.1 kitchen (diamond 21109 kithcen) and right after tried to installed XBmod's HD Manilla but it kept freezing during the install, I would SR but the device HR instead (tried about 4-5 times and finally decided to redo the ROM).

Problem is: Even after a HR Diamond is now freezing at the boot screen and does not go any further so I can't connect to ReDo the ROM....I am going to keep trying to HR but after 3 times I am not holding my breath.......any ideas anyone

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

boot into the boot loader and then re flash a know good ROM.

That should fix your problems.

Didn't you cook the HD Manila into the ROM?
Old 01-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
Calc, Drybonz....anybody, sorry I need a bit of help here:
Cooked a ROM with 4.2.1 kitchen (diamond 21109 kithcen) and right after tried to installed XBmod's HD Manilla but it kept freezing during the install, I would SR but the device HR instead (tried about 4-5 times and finally decided to redo the ROM).

Problem is: Even after a HR Diamond is now freezing at the boot screen and does not go any further so I can't connect to ReDo the ROM....I am going to keep trying to HR but after 3 times I am not holding my breath.......any ideas anyone
Follow the last link in my signature, and you shall have the answer.

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom