PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 19 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.2 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
To test it, I moved the SIP OEMs from 4.1 over the the 4.2.1 preview kitchen and rebuilt. So far, with some limited testing, I haven't had any freezing while typing. If anyone else wants to try it, for additional testing, plz post your results.
As a follow up... after 3 days of testing with the SIP from the 4.1 kitchen, I have not noticed any freezing while typing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:31 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [ Jan 27 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.2.1 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
v4.2.1 is up

Added
SYS OS 5.2.21139 (build 21139.5.0.0)
Camera does not work
Does it include a working camera from another sys, or this kitchen is sans camera for now?
Old 01-27-2009, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

sweet, thanks for the follow up... gonna have to make the swap later tonight
Old 01-27-2009, 04:40 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeFiftyLi View Post
I extracted it. What are the SYS and XIP called? I'm not sure what files to bring over to replace in the default kitchen?

I extracted Mighty's 4.3.

Thanks!
xip is in the ROM folder, and sys is the SYS folder. Just replace the ROM and SYS folders. Done.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
As a follow up... after 3 days of testing with the SIP from the 4.1 kitchen, I have not noticed any freezing while typing.
Thats the only thing I really want to fix. Can you post how you fixed this?
Old 01-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

kurter is a n00b

I'm using Activesync to push Exchange email with business (not free) mail2web.

I'm also using PocketBreeze from SBSH.NET, latest version.

Once AS appears to finish....

V4.2.1 of the Kitchen shows scrambled appointments in PocketBreeze AND when opening "appointments from the left soft key on the today screen",
the system hangs once you switch from the week to the month view.....

Was there any work done to the calendar in this minor version upgrade as v4.2 works fine.

It's a bummer with V4.2.1 as SprintTV finally works out of the box with this version... (thanks Calkulin)

I'm back at V4.2 of the Kitchen successfully since PDA functionality wins over TV.

Thanks

Last edited by kurter; 01-27-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 01-27-2009, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Something happened in the SYS, so I pulled the links to reupload, so if you downloaded already, wait till I reupload to use v4.2.1

Old 01-27-2009, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm View Post
I might just try all the default settings just to see what happens.
OK, so I finally got around to trying this again. I ran Calkulin's HTC Kitchen.CMD, I selected options 1>1>1; Then I pressed the play button in build OS keeping all of the default settings. The rom builds, and then the page pool changer opens. I then select 20mb, and click the change to button. Then I click close, and the rom update utility opens, and I flash the rom. After it boots up, touchflo fails to launch. It just says tap here to launch. When I tap, it tries to launch touchflo, but it fails.

So, am I the only one that has this problem? The only thing I can thing of is the page pool changer. Am I doing something wrong with that?

EDIT: I am doing all of this with the 4.2 kitchen. I am not using the latest 4.2.1
Old 01-27-2009, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
Something happened in the SYS, so I pulled the links to reupload, so if you downloaded already, wait till I reupload to use v4.2.1
Thanks calcu, just waiting for the reup to try it.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:37 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeFiftyLi View Post
Thats the only thing I really want to fix. Can you post how you fixed this?
It's in the post you just quoted. I moved the SIP OEMs over from the 4.1 kitchen. I didn't actually "fix" anything per se. I just rolled back to the last SIP that worked for me.

Last edited by Drybonz; 01-27-2009 at 07:39 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom