PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 04:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F
Carrier: Sprint

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 19 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.2 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

I've downloaded the kitchen and built my own ROM - same results. Looks like it's a problem with the kitchen itself. Reverted back to 4.2 for now. Everything else I observed about the preview was great, save the touch gestures being off and TouchFlo3D restarting itself twice after each hard reset (makes you think it crashed). Will look forward to final release.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Poutlook contacts are present but when you look at the contact details they are blank. Causes crashing in iContacts.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The beta version of icontact at truburt.net works (as in doesn't crash), but it cannot display the contact details either.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker

God damn it... I've hard reset about 6 times today and reflashed using stock and built roms from this kitchen... something always seems to go wrong. One flash, GPS would not work. Another, TouchFlo crapped out after installing all my programs. I thought it was a small bug, but upon hard reset, the glitch was still there and covering half my clock. Next flash, brick. Flash after that, everything on the phone worked! After installing all my programs one by one and checking all the functions, there was nothing wrong. The very last thing to do was to sync contacts. Activesync gives me an error. I backup, hard-reset, and active sync recognizes the device again. Then I restore the backup and Activesync stops recognizing it. You guys have NO IDEA how PISSED I am at this kitchen!! At my phone!! ARHRGRTHGHHHH!!!! I'm a patient man, but I nearly smashed my phone multiple times today. It's been 6 hours with a nonfunctioning phone. Working 6 hours straight! Can ANYONE tell me how to fix activesync? It says "error" with a red X in Vista. It's not the computer's fault, it's entirely the phone's. I can't figure out what is wrong. And I swear to god, if I have to hard reset one more time, Steve Ballmer is going to get a shoe in his face.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to daryelv

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
God damn it... I've hard reset about 6 times today and reflashed using stock and built roms from this kitchen...

Sounds like the issues I was having Tuesday... I flashed a Custom ROM and it went through _almost _ all of my customizations before hanging. After a hard reset it seemed to finish, but then Manila wouldn't load and some other weirdness was going on... I ended up hard resetting at least 6 times with different results each time. I then flashed to Stock (not the leaked Stock) and reflashed the same Custom ROM and it still had issues (no Service). I flashed the Stock once again and this time let customizations run completely... then flashed the same exact Custom ROM and things all loaded perfectly. I've flashed a newer Customized ROM Wednesday and things have been running perfectly with that one as well. So, my guess is that just flashing the Stock ROM isn't enough... flashing the Stock ROM and letting it go through all it's Customizations is needed when things get horked up.

Daryel
Old 01-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dkotoric is becoming a great contributor

Well didn't even see yesterday that the preview was out I definatelly have to try it.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dkotoric is becoming a great contributor

Well first thing I noticed on 6.5 that touch response does NOT work, among very many others, going back to 4.2 final as there is really nothing new in 6.5.

Last edited by dkotoric; 01-23-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor

im having issues with the youtube application shuttering while playing. it seems to buffer enough but stutters due to video reasons. im using the omnia drivers and im thinking that may be the issue. is everyone else using the oem drivers?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeFiftyLi View Post
im having issues with the youtube application shuttering while playing. it seems to buffer enough but stutters due to video reasons. im using the omnia drivers and im thinking that may be the issue. is everyone else using the oem drivers?
Look in the programs folder/system tools folder and there should/might be another set of drivers you can load to check if that helps the videos. The 2d drivers are the omnia ones, so load the 3d ones. I have the same issue and build with the omnia ones ... so i loaded the 3d ones in the folder and is seems better. I don't feel like flashing again (took 3 tries to get it the way I wanted last night) but next time I flash I'm gonna try the oem drivers.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 01-23-2009, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
Look in the programs folder/system tools folder and there should/might be another set of drivers you can load to check if that helps the videos. The 2d drivers are the omnia ones, so load the 3d ones. I have the same issue and build with the omnia ones ... so i loaded the 3d ones in the folder and is seems better. I don't feel like flashing again (took 3 tries to get it the way I wanted last night) but next time I flash I'm gonna try the oem drivers.
alright well im glad im not the only one with these issues. I flashed twice just to see if it really was an issue. ill probably just end up reflashing this weekend to get a clean start. thanks!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom