PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 19 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.2 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

Since jmztaylor brought up a good point in the thread he made, DO NOT UNSELECT INTERNET EXPLORER unless you know what you are doing and what problems it will cause. It is meant for those that do NOT use data

Last edited by Calkulin; 01-20-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
Ok just flashed with the Telus Manila, which the one you said gave you problems right? Texting, e-mail, youtube all work fine, so there is something else causing the problem, maybe you are unselecting something that it needs, have you tried to build a ROM with the default selections and just changing the manila version?
I flashed with Juggalox manilla which was the default selection, but also tried to flash with Sprint's manilla and the same messaging issues occured each time. when i get home i'll try again will all default selections and see what happens. thanks for working with me!

EDIT:Calcu your post directly above this one sounds like the cause of my issues, I did unselect IE6 and IE... i'll try again with them selected and keep my fingers crossed!

Best... Member... Ever...

Last edited by InvincibleLiving; 01-20-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)

slmclarengt is just getting started

i flashed custom 4.2 then hard reset. now when i click a r.text, it acts like it will show up but never does, tried soft reset.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
Strange but i had to roll back to 4.1 for now... messaging issues were too much for me on preview 3 and final version of 4.2 on the 1st page... i'm going thru withdrawals! hope this can get ironed out at some point!
Nautica, I found that after I rolled back to my last fully working rom (4.1) that I was able to go back to 4.2. I'm on a solid version of 4.2 now without any issues so far. Perhaps it is the same effect as rolling back to the stock rom, as people are suggesting? Not sure.

Anyway, I have no way of knowing that this will work for you also, but thought I would mention it.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)

slmclarengt is just getting started

Apologies for my message earlier, but that's when a frustrated student is sitting in a statistics class using a pen as stylus posting on ppcgeeks using Opera to explain a problem quickly so as not to type too damn much.

Essentially I flashed my own 4.2 ROM (using Calcu's kitchen) for the Diamond. Then immediately hard reset and when I received any text messages or tried to write them, I would click them, but nothing would ever happen. Tried soft resetting with no luck, reverted back to 4.1 :-\

Slm
Old 01-20-2009, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

12 hours and my battery life is still at 70%. Life is good. Calc's Kitchen made me see the light.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond(Victor)

360discgolf is keeping up the good work360discgolf is keeping up the good work

I would love to use this kitchen, but I have some serious issues when I flash a rom that I have built. (Open Camera, but can't close without soft reset. Freeze on TF3D. Freeze on Opera. Freeze on Slide to Answer. After charging over night got the white screen of death) the wierd thing is the next time I try to duplicate the problem it's not there, but another one arises. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong. Here are the steps I follow if anyone would like to offer advice...

1) Download latest Diamond 21109 Kitchen
2) Open Calc's Kitchen.CMD
3) Perform Step 1 Build a ROM.
4) Allow Kitchen to run the full batch of tools
5) Flash new ROM.
6) Initial Boot Setup, Allow configurations to run, hard reset, and repeat initial boot and configs.

At this point in my previous flashing experience I'm normally good to go and can add my PIM info.

I have had similar issues flashing from Juicy 4.x roms to Calc and from MM4.x roms to calc.

My only idea is to flash back to the stock sprint rom in the attempt to start clean.

By the way Juicy and MightyROMS work great, I just want to build something a little more custom to my taste.

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game.
In the deed the glory."
Old 01-20-2009, 08:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

yeah try flashing the stock shipped ROM again, then cook a ROM in the kitchen w/all the settings as is. don't check or uncheck anything and see if it still acts the same way.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

06gmc is becoming a great contributor

Has anyone noticed Opera opening 2 tabs when you launch it?
Old 01-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6950
Carrier: sprint

xuweij is a n00b

up up up up up

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom