PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 08:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kill_dano is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 19 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.2 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Looks like my excitement was inappropriate.
After everything finished syncing I started installing a few other program and then on the install of Tweaks2K2 the installer hung.
I soft reset using Quickmenu reset and when it started coming back, I had a hard reset on my hands.
I'll try again, but if it starts doing this to me again, I'm going to have to ditch this Kitchen.
This sounds like an issue I was having for a while. It would happen all the time. I found out that if I flashed with a stock ROM and then re-flashed to the rom that was hard reseting everything would be fine. Lots of other poeple have fix this issue like this.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:28 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Interesting that this only happens after I flash ROMs that I make from this Kitchen. I wonder which selection is giving this bug? I've never had to do this from any other Kitchen or pre-made ROM. Including Calkulin's!
I tried another build last night and it seemed to be better, but when I soft reset this morning, I never got past the splash screens.
I just put my device in bootloader and am flashing the Sprint Shipped now.
Hopefully this fixes it.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Should I hard reset after this ROM? Clear storage or manual method?
Any reason why I can't get it to connect or go into BootLoader? Grrrrrrrr. Finally got it to go into BL. Wouldn't sync at all- said that I needed to install syncing software on my computer. Stupid.
-----------------
Thanks again. I flashed the Sprint Shipped and then reflashed the ROM I made with the Kitchen last time.
Everything loaded quickly and no glitches so far.
One thing I noticed that I remember reading about somewhere... The buttons under the "curtain" on the phonepad don't all work. Hold & add call (and one other- can't remember) are greyed out.

Last edited by Trident; 01-26-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - FuFu 4.5.3
Carrier: Alltel

highlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Calc its still a hybrid system/os right? Cuz it still shows up as 6.1 in my info just making sure and seemed a little sluggish compared to the 21109 kitchen.

If I helped, give me a thanks!

Old 01-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Where, oh where is calcu?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:58 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Where, oh where is calcu?
Last post here was Friday night. He probably took a well deserved weekend off.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Last post here was Friday night. He probably took a well deserved weekend off.
or he's focused on the next great contribution he's gonna drop on us!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

Foo2oo3 is a n00b

Does Arcsoft work for receiving pictures with sprint for anyone? I get an SMS with the option to download the picture, but it just sits at 0%
Old 01-26-2009, 09:53 PM
ill
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

ill is keeping up the good workill is keeping up the good work

install the picture mail app from sprint to get the pictures.. use acrsoft to send. that's what i do.
is there a way to change the size limit on arcsoft?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone know if its possible to rip the 20764 xip and sys and throw it in this kitchen? I mean can we take take it off a prebuilt rom like Mighty for example?
Old 01-27-2009, 04:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Bug report - Icons from system tab of settings will randomly disappear. Has only happened a couple times and is fixed by a soft reset. 4.2.1 fixed preview.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom