PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 12:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: telus

jregehr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 19 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.2 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

Flashed preview 2 to my Telus Diamond and I can first confirm that the activesync disaster with the first 4.2.1 preview are gone. Activesync works perfectly again.

Only one anomaly to report so far and I don't know if it's ROM or carrier related. If others have had it too then perhaps it is a ROM issue.

-Several times yesterday in the space of a couple hours when i went to dial a call it would error out in a few seconds of trying to dial saying "could not complete the call." I could retry as many times as i liked with the same result. Had to power cycle the phone and then it worked every time. Then in awhile when i'd go to make another call the problem appeared again. Power cycled again and it'd work for awhile. Since yesterday morning it didn't seem to happen again so i dunno.

Great work on the ROM Calkulin, I came over from Juicy roms and this is excellent stuff you're doing!
Old 01-25-2009, 02:27 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I'm still having the issue with the ringtone changing to Alert-Soft on it's own.
It also just changed to a different ringtone and when I tried to change it to anything else (or back to what it had changed to) I get an error message that the file is corrupted or not available. At that point, I must soft reset as it won't let me close the settings page.
Using the Preview2 Sprint ROM.
A soft reset fixes it, but it's unpredictable and quite frustrating.

Last edited by Trident; 01-25-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

steinerd is a n00b

Been running 4.2.1 preview 2 for over a day now. jury is still out on battery life (think I have trashed my batt anyways) but as for the rest of the ROM everything seems to be working smooth for me. I don't get the text lockups that others are talking about, not quite sure why... using the daimond sip that is defaulted in the kitchen.

anyway great kitchen as far as i am concerned my phone is stable again and I am happy. can't wait till the nex big release comes down the pipe.

EDIT have not heard alot from calcu lately... is he on a well deserved break? lol

Last edited by steinerd; 01-25-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:34 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinerd View Post
Been running 4.2.1 preview 2 for over a day now. jury is still out on battery life (think I have trashed my batt anyways) but as for the rest of the ROM everything seems to be working smooth for me. I don't get the text lockups that others are talking about, not quite sure why... using the daimond sip that is defaulted in the kitchen.

anyway great kitchen as far as i am concerned my phone is stable again and I am happy. can't wait till the nex big release comes down the pipe.

EDIT have not heard alot from calcu lately... is he on a well deserved break? lol
I personally think he is just working on 6.5 right now...

It has a lot of porting taking place, and until that's done, we won't get anything new I bet.

Calcu, good work, go enjoy a frosty beverage!
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:10 PM
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well, crazy ringer issues w/4.2.1 got me to try my own ROM with the Kitchen.
I'll report some of the bugs that I've noticed- but I'm just going to retry the Kitchen one more time then try one of the Dev's premade ROMs if that doesn't work.
SMS Tab- display of messages got really sluggish. If I switched tabs and then went back, it was OK, but kept on happening.
Weather tab- I could live with losing some of the foreign countries in exchange for getting more US cities. But when I selected Montreal, Canada, at first it gave me some garbled name under the weather icon. Then, when I switched to another tab and went back to the weather tab, it restarted TF3D. Consistently. I don't have any access to the weather tab right now. It would be nice to have a way to clear out selections when not in TF3D.

On the plus side- I love the Black S2A dialer.
When everything is working, it's wicked fast.

One last thing- I like the old splash screen much better. Not really relevant, but thought I'd put in my $0.02.
__
I also have an issue when I run the UC/SDConfig file. The install hangs about 85% from being done.
Attached is my SDConfig file and a list of the CABS that I don't install when using this kitchen (but I have done successfully with other ROMs)
Attached Files
File Type: txt CABs removed 4 Kitchen.txt (476 Bytes, 7 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: txt SDConfig.txt (610 Bytes, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Trident; 01-25-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:56 PM
The Source of Power

Yay!
With a little tweaking of my SDConfig file and changing some of my Kitchen selections, I got a successful flash and reset.
Hopefully this works well and will continue this week.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:30 PM
The Source of Power

Looks like my excitement was inappropriate.
After everything finished syncing I started installing a few other program and then on the install of Tweaks2K2 the installer hung.
I soft reset using Quickmenu reset and when it started coming back, I had a hard reset on my hands.
I'll try again, but if it starts doing this to me again, I'm going to have to ditch this Kitchen.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:41 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Looks like my excitement was inappropriate.
After everything finished syncing I started installing a few other program and then on the install of Tweaks2K2 the installer hung.
I soft reset using Quickmenu reset and when it started coming back, I had a hard reset on my hands.
I'll try again, but if it starts doing this to me again, I'm going to have to ditch this Kitchen.
You probably need to flash back to stock before you build any more of your own. Others have had similar problems with spontaneous hard resets, as have I.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

steinerd is a n00b

i agree with bonez def not the kitchen, same thing happened to me after mult flashes of 20x roms. i have made it a practice of flashing back to stock rom, allowing all customizations to run then flashing my new rom. has worked for me so far without error.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

is it a reg edit that fixes the problem of entering in the first letter when typing?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom