PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)
Carrier: Sprint

slmclarengt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 19 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.2 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

Calcu, I want to use your ROM and I keep trying to use it, but I always have problems.

Everytime I create my own ROM using your awesome kitchen, I adjust the PagePool to 20 or 24 depending on my mood. But it seems the phone runs very sluggish and unreliable (programs not launching quickly if at all). I doubt your ROM is the problem, but maybe your ROM discriminates against only my phone.

I've hard reset, re-flashed, soft reset, enabled all Internet Explorers and in the past I flashed back to Sprint stock ROM then to yours, but issues still present. So right now I am running the Leaked Sprint ROM instead; any ideas as to how my issues could be resolved? The main things I use my phone:

1) internet
2) calls
3) Texting
4) Music (way away from amount that I text)
5) GPS stuff among other features

Slmclarengt
Old 01-22-2009, 10:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
Calcu, I want to use your ROM and I keep trying to use it, but I always have problems.

Everytime I create my own ROM using your awesome kitchen, I adjust the PagePool to 20 or 24 depending on my mood. But it seems the phone runs very sluggish and unreliable (programs not launching quickly if at all). I doubt your ROM is the problem, but maybe your ROM discriminates against only my phone.
Your pagepool size it not going to cause these kind of problems. Most likely it is the way you are building and what elements you are including in your rom. The most useful information that you could provide, in an attempt to get some advice, would be about what you are checking and unchecking in the kitchen when you build and what kitchen you are using, etc.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:01 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post

I've hard reset, re-flashed, soft reset, enabled all Internet Explorers and in the past I flashed back to Sprint stock ROM then to yours, but issues still present. So right now I am running the Leaked Sprint ROM instead; any ideas as to how my issues could be resolved? The main things I use my phone:

1) internet
2) calls
3) Texting
4) Music (way away from amount that I text)
5) GPS stuff among other features

Slmclarengt
have you tried running a base rom that he built? would be a good place to start....and then start re-building,
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Heres the best I can do with the 6.5 SYS for now

Calkulin's Diamond 21109/21139 Kitchen Preview (v4.2.1)

Calkulin's Sprint 21109/21139 ROM Preview (v4.2.1)

Last edited by Calkulin; 01-23-2009 at 12:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:04 AM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
Heres the best I can do with the 6.5 SYS for now

Calkulin's Diamond 21109/21139 Kitchen Preview (v4.2.1)

Calkulin's Sprint 21109/21139 ROM Preview (v4.2.1)

This is exciting.

Calc, any thoughts on the 6.5 update so far?

Thanks for the new kitchen.

*edit* Also... you mentioned that MS did some things differently. Have you noticed any of the common reg edits that might be broken?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

I have tried building my own rom a couple of times with this kitchen, but when I boot up, touchflo does not work. I have the message "tap here to launch...". I tap, and it says launching, and flashes back and forth between "tap here", and "launching", and eventually stops trying. It appears to be attempting to load, but never does. What could be my problem? I've selected only one landscape manila, one clock, and the manila engine is checked.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:10 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm View Post
I have tried building my own rom a couple of times with this kitchen, but when I boot up, touchflo does not work. I have the message "tap here to launch...". I tap, and it says launching, and flashes back and forth between "tap here", and "launching", and eventually stops trying. It appears to be attempting to load, but never does. What could be my problem? I've selected only one landscape manila, one clock, and the manila engine is checked.

Did you keep TouchFlo checked when you built?

Do you have anything going in your auto config?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Did you keep TouchFlo checked when you built?

Do you have anything going in your auto config?
Yes, touchflo was checked under "applications - system"

I don't think I did anything with auto config. I just checked the boxes in the buildOS and clicked play.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:15 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm View Post
Yes, touchflo was checked under "applications - system"

I don't think I did anything with auto config. I just checked the boxes in the buildOS and clicked play.
Please list all check boxes that you made changes to - checked or unchecked - when you built.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
This is exciting.

Calc, any thoughts on the 6.5 update so far?

Thanks for the new kitchen.

*edit* Also... you mentioned that MS did some things differently. Have you noticed any of the common reg edits that might be broken?

Everything I checked worked but I can't say it's bug free
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom