PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 10:40 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: [ Feb 4 \ OS 5.2.21109/21139 v4.3 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

I've been running the rom I made since the day the 4.3 kitchen came out. Not once have I had to hard-reset. I love 4.3.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
I've been running the rom I made since the day the 4.3 kitchen came out. Not once have I had to hard-reset. I love 4.3.
Same here.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

flindil is a n00b

maybe its only us Telus users that are still having the freeze up issues? I install 4.3 and I get constant pauses on my phone while texting, using my phone with any app or playing games.

I have tried various combinations of rom's from having nothing installed to having the HD Manilla installed and back to having the basic Manilla. It only pauses for a split second, but its enough to be highly annoying and to at times render my phone very difficult to use.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

woke up this morning to the "tap here to setup... blah blah" screen... phone hard reset overnight.... so i'm rolling back to 4.2.1 to Calcu gets back to look into this issue with 4.3 final. sucks but such is the life of a geek/tester! lol

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by flindil View Post
maybe its only us Telus users that are still having the freeze up issues? I install 4.3 and I get constant pauses on my phone while texting, using my phone with any app or playing games.

I have tried various combinations of rom's from having nothing installed to having the HD Manilla installed and back to having the basic Manilla. It only pauses for a split second, but its enough to be highly annoying and to at times render my phone very difficult to use.
It's not just Telus. I am Sprint and have the same problem. It is very annoying. I'm using his ROM, not made via kitchen.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Likewise!
Old 02-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Ditto....
Old 02-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dkotoric is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
it's been quite stable for me, you adding any of your own OEMs or anything else to the kitchen?
No I'm not adding anything to the kitchen at all and it is not just Telus as I am a sprint user and have these problems, the next time it happens unless a new rom is out I'll probably just flash back to 4.2 or the latest Juicys rom until a new version is released.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
No I'm not adding anything to the kitchen at all and it is not just Telus as I am a sprint user and have these problems, the next time it happens unless a new rom is out I'll probably just flash back to 4.2 or the latest Juicys rom until a new version is released.
I'm assuming you have already done the flash back to stock/shipped trick that has been suggested for similar situations?
Old 02-13-2009, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
sorry to hear man, has to be something that's getting cooked in.

i guess it's not quite as isolated as i thought since there are others w/this issue. i have had the occasional momentary pause while texting, but it hasn't been bad enough to require a hard-reset.

as others have said, i haven't needed to hard-reset once since cooking my 4.3 ROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom