PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Fruzion is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Feb 4 \ OS 5.2.21109/21139 v4.3 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

I searched "TF3D landscape"... but whatevs

I actually found a much better, faster, snazzier alternative on xda devs:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=475557
Old 02-15-2009, 06:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Last night I rebuilt and flashed in a few minor changes using the 4.3 kitchen, as I have been since it was posted. After flashing I was having some of the same unusual problems other users have had recently (phone locking up, corrupt program files, etc).

I flashed back to the shipped Sprint rom, hard reset, then flashed back to the same custom rom I was having problems with. All problems were gone. This is the second time in the last couple months I have used this method to fix these problems.

The point of this post is to further confirm, for people who are complaining about unusual problems in the most recent kitchen, such as phone locking up, random hard resets and corrupt or missing program files, that this solution DOES in fact work and should probably be the first thing you try if you are having these problems.

My new rom is fast, rock solid battery life all day.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

i think the issue people have w/the "stock" rom is that they flash the one in the kitchen's thread, which isn't the true shipped oem rom. it's only the os from what i can tell.

i had this problem in the past and it was solved when i flashed the shipped .exe ROM from HTC's website - http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloa...act=sd&cat=all
Old 02-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

gangmobb is keeping up the good workgangmobb is keeping up the good work

so if i wanted to dl a rom i would choose calkulins sprint 21109 rom (v4.3), because i want a sprint rom and i want the camera to work right? sry i am pretty new to this and i kinda got lost in this one. thanks and ill mk sure to press the installed!!
Old 02-15-2009, 08:45 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
i think the issue people have w/the "stock" rom is that they flash the one in the kitchen's thread, which isn't the true shipped oem rom. it's only the os from what i can tell.

i had this problem in the past and it was solved when i flashed the shipped .exe ROM from HTC's website - http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloa...act=sd&cat=all
I think you are right.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangmobb View Post
so if i wanted to dl a rom i would choose calkulins sprint 21109 rom (v4.3), because i want a sprint rom and i want the camera to work right? sry i am pretty new to this and i kinda got lost in this one. thanks and ill mk sure to press the installed!!
I don't know of any custom rom, off the top of my head, where the camera doesn't work.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I don't know of any custom rom, off the top of my head, where the camera doesn't work.
but it says here under the sprint diamond roms that one of them says camera doesnt work and i use it so i dont want that rom but idk bout the rom right beneath it.. =(
Old 02-15-2009, 08:55 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
but it says here under the sprint diamond roms that one of them says camera doesnt work and i use it so i dont want that rom but idk bout the rom right beneath it.. =(
Oh yea... there was some confusion about that I think. That means that the previous sys did not have a working camera if I remember correctly. I don't remember anyone mentioning that the camera did not actually work in the rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Oh yea... there was some confusion about that I think. That means that the previous sys did not have a working camera if I remember correctly. I don't remember anyone mentioning that the camera did not actually work in the rom.
ohh ok thanks then ima still go with the other one cuz am not that good at flashn roms and dont want to hav to flash again lol
Old 02-15-2009, 09:03 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
ohh ok thanks then ima still go with the other one cuz am not that good at flashn roms and dont want to hav to flash again lol
Cool... good luck with that. Once you do it a few times it is easy breezy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom