PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

mjhuffer is keeping up the good workmjhuffer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jun 12 \ 21051 & 21812 v4.9 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

i found a new lock screen layout. It actually eliminates the lock screen lag. Cant remember where i found it. It also allow the notifications to come up from the bottom along with the slider which is nice. Just try it out and see what you think.

Edit* Also Youtube started working for me with Savage Keyboard only installed
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lockscreen.zip (4.1 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mjhuffer; 06-19-2009 at 10:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I think your YouTube issues likely have to do with too many modules. The 6.5 sys' have way more dlls modulated than 6.1 versions, as they are intended for a newer XIP (which we don't have for Diamond yet), which has more available slots for modules. You can only put so many modules into your rom before you run out of slots. If you run out of slots, it looks like YouTube may be at the end of the line, and getting bumped.

Personally I remove a bunch of folders from my sys (and therefore remove modules), and recmod a bunch of modules too. I'm guessing that the newer SIPs and Tachi Dialer simply has more modules than their predecessors, and therefore are causing the issue.

It doesn't seem to be as necessary to recmod as many dlls in TP roms, as that XIP has more available slots, though not as many as a native 6.5 XIP. That's ther reason that Might Mike had issues with ringtone corruption in his Diamond ROMs that wern't present in his TP roms. Once he recmodded more dlls in his Diamond sys, the issue went away.

Actually the YouTube problems are because I had a couple of dlls that got corrupt when my HD in the work PC started to go out, a simple file comparison showed me that, so that's been fixed. As for too many modules, you are right that only so many fit but if you look at the addresses, there is still room left to fit more, so Mike's issue was probably a bad module, which if he does like me, moves the files from computer to computer, it can happen quite easily if you don't pay attention and look for them. One note tho, the memory address table for the TP is the same as the Diamond, actually the TP has less memory as the nk.exe is bigger and usually the XIP has more files in it, like cachefilt, etc

On a side note tho, if you are going to recmod things, you might want to use NueRecMod as it does a better job than the older RecMod

Last edited by Calkulin; 06-19-2009 at 11:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:17 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0rdie View Post
For HD Manilla-- I was sure I'd checked the option in BuildOS but I suppose I didn't?

You can always grab the files from the OEM, add the a at the end and drop them in your windows directory, then restart manila
Old 06-19-2009, 12:37 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Actually the YouTube problems are because I had a couple of dlls that got corrupt when my HD in the work PC started to go out, a simple file comparison showed me that, so that's been fixed. As for too many modules, you are right that only so many fit but if you look at the addresses, there is still room left to fit more, so Mike's issue was probably a bad module, which if he does like me, moves the files from computer to computer, it can happen quite easily if you don't pay attention and look for them. One note tho, the memory address table for the TP is the same as the Diamond, actually the TP has less memory as the nk.exe is bigger and usually the XIP has more files in it, like cachefilt, etc

On a side note tho, if you are going to recmod things, you might want to use NueRecMod as it does a better job than the older RecMod
cool, thanks for straightening me out.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Thanks again for the great kitchens Calkulin. Any idea on when you might release the next one? Captain_Throwback from XDA put together a "V1E" version of Rhodium. It's setup for visual kitchen, but I've just replaced some of the files in your kitchen and everything has worked fine. It fixes the contact tab buttons, world clock issue, etc. It'd be great if you could incorporate them into your next release. One note though, xbox's CDMA text msg fix is not included, since Captain_Throwback is on GSM. You can find the updated files at this 4shared link. Thanks again.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/Diamond

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown

Can anyone get the tachi dialer to cook in with the 21051 build. I am sure I am selecting it in the kitchen but all I get is the stock windows mobile dialer and the screen messes up on an incoming call. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Thanks again for the great kitchens Calkulin. Any idea on when you might release the next one? Captain_Throwback from XDA put together a "V1E" version of Rhodium. It's setup for visual kitchen, but I've just replaced some of the files in your kitchen and everything has worked fine. It fixes the contact tab buttons, world clock issue, etc. It'd be great if you could incorporate them into your next release. One note though, xbox's CDMA text msg fix is not included, since Captain_Throwback is on GSM. You can find the updated files at this 4shared link. Thanks again.
Almost all those are included in the manila engine for tachi but I'll check out the manila files themselves and see if anything was changed there
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcausnjtown View Post
Can anyone get the tachi dialer to cook in with the 21051 build. I am sure I am selecting it in the kitchen but all I get is the stock windows mobile dialer and the screen messes up on an incoming call. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong.

Make sure your selecting the tachi phonecanvas and a tachi skin in order for it to work properly
Old 06-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

knilob is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to knilob Send a message via MSN to knilob Send a message via Yahoo to knilob Send a message via Skype™ to knilob

Quote:
Actually the YouTube problems are because I had a couple of dlls that got corrupt when my HD in the work PC started to go out, a simple file comparison showed me that, so that's been fixed.
Are these items fixed in the current kitchen, or are you waiting till the new version is ready? I'd like to get my YouTube channel working again.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:23 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcausnjtown View Post
Quote:
Make sure your selecting the tachi phonecanvas and a tachi skin in order for it to work properly

I'm not sure why, but when I was using the Tachi dialer, my kitchen was breaking the rgu. I had to convert the rgu to provxml to get it to take.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom