View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Calkulin
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jun 12 \ 21051 & 21812 v4.9 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I think your YouTube issues likely have to do with too many modules. The 6.5 sys' have way more dlls modulated than 6.1 versions, as they are intended for a newer XIP (which we don't have for Diamond yet), which has more available slots for modules. You can only put so many modules into your rom before you run out of slots. If you run out of slots, it looks like YouTube may be at the end of the line, and getting bumped.

Personally I remove a bunch of folders from my sys (and therefore remove modules), and recmod a bunch of modules too. I'm guessing that the newer SIPs and Tachi Dialer simply has more modules than their predecessors, and therefore are causing the issue.

It doesn't seem to be as necessary to recmod as many dlls in TP roms, as that XIP has more available slots, though not as many as a native 6.5 XIP. That's ther reason that Might Mike had issues with ringtone corruption in his Diamond ROMs that wern't present in his TP roms. Once he recmodded more dlls in his Diamond sys, the issue went away.

Actually the YouTube problems are because I had a couple of dlls that got corrupt when my HD in the work PC started to go out, a simple file comparison showed me that, so that's been fixed. As for too many modules, you are right that only so many fit but if you look at the addresses, there is still room left to fit more, so Mike's issue was probably a bad module, which if he does like me, moves the files from computer to computer, it can happen quite easily if you don't pay attention and look for them. One note tho, the memory address table for the TP is the same as the Diamond, actually the TP has less memory as the nk.exe is bigger and usually the XIP has more files in it, like cachefilt, etc

On a side note tho, if you are going to recmod things, you might want to use NueRecMod as it does a better job than the older RecMod

Last edited by Calkulin; 06-19-2009 at 11:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.