PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

steinerd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Dec 30 \ OS 5.2.20954 v3.8 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

I too would like to try your 3.9 version. I had the "instability" problem when I first used the 3.8 kitchen also. It almost felt like a computer that has gotten a corrupt FAT table. Files coming up missing and all. Instead of flashing the stock radio and ROM I went with the lesser of the 2 evils and just flashed stock ROM. The results seem to be spot on, I am currently running a ROM cooked from your 3.8 kitchen and it has run fine under heavy use for 1 day and 1 full battery charge. So great job on 3.8... I am kind of a BETA Junkie and love the latest stuff so my phone ends up getting flashed at least weekly.

One other question. I performed a PRL update... worked well I might add, only my current PRL is now 60650... the latest I have been able to find anything out about is 60614 for sprint. Did something go wrong? everything still works fine so maybe they just skipped a bunch of numbers... lol

EDIT: Nevermind on the PRL, Operator error on the search string lol... found it.
Thanks for all the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
Was going to post v3.9 now but boggsie sent me this. It's running really nice, especially after all that I did to the kitchen this time, I think I'll release v4 with this. Thanks again boggsie

Last edited by steinerd; 01-02-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

kill_dano is just getting started

Seems like 3.8 has some bluetooth issues.

I just played around with it (at the mall; I do leave the house occasionally. =D) and had a lot of fun trying to get bluetooth to work properly. (Note: All the problems seem to fix themselves--temporarily--with a soft reset.)

First, bluetooth seems to turn off by itself: there is suddenly no connectivity and the icon on the taskbar disappears, but the Comms Manager says bluetooth is still active.

Also, the first time after a soft reset, I can connect both a headset and A2DP. However, that's the only time: after turning one off (doesn't matter which one), I can't get it to connect again untill a soft reset.

Maybe an updated/fixed bluetooth stack for 3.9/4.0?

Last edited by kill_dano; 01-02-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_dano View Post
Seems like 3.8 has some bluetooth issues.

I just played around with it (at the mall; I do leave the house occasionally. =D) and had a lot of fun trying to get bluetooth to work properly. (Note: All the problems seem to fix themselves--temporarily--with a soft reset.)

First, bluetooth seems to turn off by itself: there is suddenly no connectivity and the icon on the taskbar disappears, but the Comms Manager says bluetooth is still active.

Also, the first time after a soft reset, I can connect both a headset and A2DP. However, that's the only time: after turning one off (doesn't matter which one), I can't get it to connect again untill a soft reset.

Maybe an updated/fixed bluetooth stack for 3.9/4.0?
I do have the exact same problem as you w/3.8 kichen.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Well the bluetooth was fixed soon after posting the Touch Pro kitchen as it looks like their phones are pickier than ours but I'm skipping v3.9 as I made way too many changes this time around to the kitchen, that it deserved a new build #. So now the question is, release v4 with 20954 or 21109??? Both are ready to go

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

steinerd is a n00b

20954 is running quickly for me now, but I am willing to try anything... hopefully I would be able to provide some acceptable feedback.

Quote:
Well the bluetooth was fixed soon after posting the Touch Pro kitchen as it looks like their phones are pickier than ours but I'm skipping v3.9 as I made way too many changes this time around to the kitchen, that it deserved a new build #. So now the question is, release v4 with 20954 or 21109??? Both are ready to go
Old 01-02-2009, 09:11 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

21109 ... h4x0r3d or not, there are quite a few ROMs using it over at XDA, so I say go for it ... KITCHEN (Please)

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 01-02-2009, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue/diamond/hero/evo
Carrier: sprint

trakas is keeping up the good worktrakas is keeping up the good work

I like to try 21109 to,pls
I can not runn 20954,real battery drain .Like sprint stock...(maybe its just in my location)
and second:Calcu,can You ad somthing like state id to our diamonds.pls?I am sure You are able to do that...
I just instaled this one,http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=state+city
it works,just needs some litlle corections and estethic touch up...
Old 01-02-2009, 09:41 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I have Sunday, Moonday and Tuesday off from work, so it would be a great time to try 21109 ...

Thanks for all of your hard work!=D>

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 01-02-2009, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

kill_dano is just getting started

I vote for 21109!!!!!!! I just like new sh!@
Old 01-02-2009, 11:03 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I like 20940.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom